“I don't normally do this...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Birches Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
White Birches Inn
Ranked #4 of 16 Abingdon B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“I don't normally do this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2003

but when I read the above, I felt I had to offer MY experience at the same White Birches, so that someone else wouldn't miss out on this accommodating, cozy and yet elegant inn. I travel frequently for my job, and on a friend's recommendation, had myself booked at WB for an evening while in the area. I had an entire afternoon and evening in Abingdon, and my only complaint about WB was that I never left my room! (I just visited their website and I think I was in the "Tennessee Williams" suite.)I'm 6'2, and have never before been in a bath tub that was long enough to be comfortable, and consequently stayed there for two hours (they had some salts and whirlpool jets, and I'd had a long day).Breakfast the next morning was far above reasonable expectationsvery gourmet, though the portions were not. I also had a very different experience with the owners, and found them courteous and informative. If anything, I thought they were a little too involved! Outside of the bathtub, what had me recommending WB to a colleague recently was the decor. But you'll have to go to the pictures on their website for thatmy words will not do those window seats justice!Anyway just wanted to give a different perspective (I saw it done on amazon when a book I looked at got a negative review). I'm sorry it didn't live up to the latter reviewer's expectations, but personally speaking, WB is perfect!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2002

We've stayed at many B&Bs over the years. WBI is beautifully decorated and the beds are comfortable and the towels are thick. The service, however, has reached an interesting point: your hosts have come to believe that they are "in the top 15 inns in the country" (a placard in our room announced this to us), and hence they don't go that extra bit. We were never inquired of whether we needed anything else, or whether our room (adequate) or our breakfast (no non-meat protein options; not for the hearty morning appetite)were to our liking... overall, we felt that we were to fit into their scheme of things (breakfast at nine sharp; checkout at 11 sharp) rather than seeing how we might best be accommodated.
Additionally the advertised turn-down service and afternoon or evening snack were not in evidence either of the nights we stayed.
All in all, in this lovely town there are better options for your money -- try the Summerfield Inn, or the Victoria and Albert.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 9 in Abingdon

Been to White Birches Inn? Share your experiences!