“Cheap doesn't mean good.”
Review of Shoney's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shoney's
Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in Abingdon
Cuisines: American
Ashland, Massachusetts, United States
“Cheap doesn't mean good.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went to breakfast. They have a breakfast buffet we choose to pick off the menu instead. I ordered an omelet, it was very dry. My husband order blueberry pancakes, they were very dense and heavy. We should have known better. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's good. You get what you pay for.

Visited July 2013

“FILTHY ATMOSPHERE that needs a thorough steam cleaning and visit from TV's Restaurant Impossible!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

DRIVE ON BY no matter how many cars are in the parking lot!! We should have left when the menus felt sticky and we noticed the vinyl banquette seats were taped. This place seems dirty and it took forever to get our simple order. My bacon was perfect but the over-scrambled eggs tasted "off" like they were cooked on an unclean grill. My husband said his sandwich was OK but there was no substitute for a side of potatoes which he did not want. They need to edit their menu and clean the ladies' room. Flies and no ventilation. As my uncle used to say, I've been there twice - the first time and the last time.

• Visited July 2013
Forest, Virginia
“Rotten Service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I were excited about going to Shoney's, but upon arriving, we noticed that the tables were sticky, the floors had lots of crumbs, and the servers looked unhappy. We ordered onion rings for apps that did not arrive until our main entrees arrived. The appetizer was lacking with seasoning, somewhat cold, and slightly burned. I also ordered the special of the day with some fries and noticed that the ends of the fries were slightly green. Yes, green. I attempted to taste the fries despite the colour of them and within seconds, they tasted rotten and old as if they had been sitting out for too long. My husband's dish had loads of processed cheese and he literally scraped most of it off because it looked slightly liked scrambled eggs. Lastly, the bathrooms had flies in them, oil/gas on the faucets, and there was toilet paper all over the floor. When I told the waitress the fries tasted rotten, she starred at me in disbelief and I would consider myself not picky when it comes to food. I would not recommend this place! Keep driving on!

• Visited July 2013
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Had the buffet breakfast bar. Food was fresh and hot. Very good food, average service. I had bacon, country ham, sausage links and eggs.

Visited April 2013
virginia
“dislike”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

we stopped in at shoney on a friday night granted the weather was bad it was 7:50 the girl told us they were closing at 8:00 because of the weather which i understood i asked her since it was so late if we neeeded to go somewhere else since it was only ten minutes to closing she said no we could stay as long as we liked but at exactly 8:00 the took the food up and started cleaning without even asking if we wanted to go back before they took the food up the place has gone down hill fast the bathroom are always dirty and they need to do better i know the place is old but that is no excuse to not try to keep it clean i wouldn't even go in there but my husband likes to go there we will think twice about going back it cost us almost 28.00 for old food the potatoes were like glue they were so old

• Visited January 2013