“If you blink, you will miss it!”

Flying Fox Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Afton
Rock Hill, South Carolina
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 361 helpful votes
“If you blink, you will miss it!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was our first stop on doing a 2 couple wine tour, while visiting Wintergreen. It is small, but friendly, and some tasty wines. The staff was friendly, even though it was a packed house. We would def visit here again on our next trip to the Blue Ridge!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mikeyt62

Winchester
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Small winery. Rents a building in Afton, VA beside Le Bleu B&B. We enjoyed the red wine and sat outside in a small courtyard, staff decanted the wine for us, very relaxing, great staff and welcome.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Undisclosed145
Hockessin, Delaware
“Customer Service Lackin”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited as part of a group that was being escorted by a limo service. When we arrived, we were immediately reprimanded for being a group over six (we were seven) without a reservation. Really, this should have been directed to the limo driver as we were brought there by him rather than reprimanding the whole group. The woman was nice, but was somewhat rushing through the tasting. There were a couple of members of the group that were a bit loud which was exacerbated by the small tasting room. After we were done, I had my card out because I wanted to buy some wine, but the woman had moved on to a couple and completely ignored me. After feeling awkward, I just left without the wine. I had previously lived in the Charlottesville area for five years and while the wine scene has evolved over the six years since, I have never been treated like that at a winery. In fact, none of the other four wineries we visited over the day were like this. I would hesitate to visit again.

Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Enjoyable and friendly wine tasting”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stopped here for a wine tasting on a recent vacation with my husband and we really enjoyed ourselves. Our wine tasting was very friendly and personal and we got to try several different wines. The tasting room itself is very cozy and comfortable. Some people may think it is a bit small, but personally I thought the room added a lot to the atmosphere of the winery. We purchased several of their wines and we very much look forward to having them! This winery is one of my favorites on the Nelson 151 wine/brewery trail.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SuzustarTravels
Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Cozy”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Though we have visited many vineyards aver the years, this was our first visit to FF. It's small and cozy and you get the feeling the people are in it to make good wine and not create a circus atmosphere, like some of their neighbors. Try it, it's a throwback to the days when the wine industry was in its infancy in VA.

Visited June 2013

Been to Flying Fox Vineyard? Share your experiences!