Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Residence Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)
US$186
Priceline
US$109
Comfort Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$118
BestWestern.com
US$130
Hampton.com
All reviewshomemade cookieslooking glassbed and breakfastjefferson roombreakfast was deliciousmornington roomskyline drivelocal brewerieslocal sausagewonderful hostsnelson countyeach morningfrittatasatellite radiothought of everythingfront porchother guests
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

When I first booked our stay here on December 18, the website told me that I would receive a confirmation phone call within 24 hours. Less than an hour later, Orquida called me and confirmed our stay and checked with me about my gluten allergy so that she could make breakfast to meet my needs. Already, I was very impressed and excited about our stay. On Friday night, after driving for several hours on snowy and icy roads, we pulled into the Afton Mountain Bed and Breakfast where our hosts warmly welcomed us into their home and promptly got us settled into our room. We stayed in the Looking Glass room, which was a cozy room for 2. The room was very clean and we had a very comfortable, restful stay. There were snacks not only in our room, but also in the hallway along with refreshments, which was nice since we arrived kind of late. (My husband LOVED the cookies!) The charm of this b&b, as well as the breakfast each morning was outstanding. I kept raving over how much I loved the architecture of the house, how good the food was, how quiet everything was and how, even though the house was fully booked all weekend, we felt like we were the only ones there. My husband and I were there to visit Monticello and surrounding area. Orquida and Dan gave us info about the places we were headed and helped point us in the right direction. We will definitely be seeing this bed and breakfast again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank lindseynben
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I took a B&B tour of VA for our honeymoon. Afton Mtn was BY FAR the best choice we made on our little get away. Dan and Orquida were most welcoming and friendly when we arrived and we settled right in. The first morning Orquida made apple cinnamon waffles; which was the best thing I had every eaten. Right up until the next morning when we had baked french toast. HOLY CANOLI!!! I should have eaten seconds. :) Dan and Orquida you guys are great! Thank you so much for welcoming us into your lovely home. Mark and Jackie

Room Tip: We stayed in the Looking Glass Room. It was beautiful and very cozy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast this weekend. Orquita and Dan were the perfect hosts...and were very intent on catering to any needs we may have.
The breakfast was delicious and plenty. They make a point of using local foods and coffee. The cookies and drinks left out in the afternoon/evening were a great touch.
We frequent the area and will most definitely be staying again.
Thanks!

Room Tip: We took the room on the first floor. It is close to the kitchen but don't worry, you can't hear a thing!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tlcooke62
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Foliage and the Afton Mountain B&B

This verse is for the great and small
Who love the colors of the fall.
For them who must live in the city
We deeply feel the greatest pity.

They dwell, and this is no mean feat,
In steel, in glass, and in concrete -
A single horticultural thrill:
A cactus on the windowsill.

But yet, in autumn they’ll go far
Packed in the family motor car.
Be they just four, or be they five
They head straight for the Skyline Drive.

Where gorgeous colors dazzle eyes
Right where the hawk or falcon flies.
When weary of these colors right
They ask, “Where shall we spend the night?”

In Afton is a B&B
To which the city slickers flee.
The rooms are tastef’lly decorated;
Each has a bathroom, separated.

I slept in a four-poster bed.
To which I, quite exhausted fled.
I woke refreshed with appetite
Quite hopeful for a tasty bite.

Then in the breakfast room, you see
A cup of Joe awaited me.
A stack of pancakes, bacon fried,
The syrup is the hostess pride.

Then next we go into our car
To travel home, ‘t is not too far
If on the Sky Line Drive you go
And motor homeward, Northward, Ho!

P.S.

The front steps need a banister
So you don’t fall on your canister.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We were looking for a special place to stay for our wedding night, but this area isn't exactly swimming in posh hotels. We decided to go the B&B route, and we checked out several in the Valley before settling on the Afton Mountain B&B. We got there around 8 p.m. (we had an afternoon wedding and reception) and were warmly welcomed by Dan and Orquida. The house is lovely -- antiques and stained-glass windows -- and nestled in beautiful Nelson County. We stayed in the Mornighton Room, mostly because we wanted to take advantage of the whirlpool tub. That was a nice treat after all the excitement of the day, but be warned that it takes a while to fill up. There was a well-stocked refreshment station in the hallway complete with sodas and fresh cookies, and there were some little snacks in the room, too. In the morning, there was fresh coffee in the hall and set-ups for tea and hot chocolate. They use locally sourced and organic ingredients as much as possible, including delicious Trager Brothers coffee. Breakfast was a delicious fresh fruit parfait followed by sage sausage and apricot/cream cheese-stuffed French toast made with local Goodwin Creek bread. It was so wonderful! We'll be back, probably for an anniversary.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple