“Terrific time”

Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Afton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The Afton Mt. B & B was one of the best we've styled in. From the warm welcome, great and comfortable room, to restaurant recommendations, everything was perfect. We added the anniversary package which included a bottle of Virginia wine, a cake, and dining certificate. We can't wait to co back

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie M

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple nights in the Mornington Room. My brother-in-law and his fiance stayed in another room. We very much enjoyed staying here. The house, over 150 years old, was beautiful. We took advantage of the two living room areas downstairs and played games in the evening. The afternoon snacks, sodas and always available waters were a nice addition. Breakfast was delicious! I even have a peanut allergy and they were very accommodating about it, letting me know that what I was eating was safe and what had other nuts in it.
On our trip, we visited all the local breweries and went on a hike to nearby humpback rocks. This B&B was a very convenient location.
The bed was very comfortable, and we enjoyed the space the larger Mornington room provided, including a jacuzzi tub. The shower was tiny, but functional, and perfectly fine for a B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We just had a wonderful time at the Afton Mountain B&B. Dan and Orquida really have the whole B&B experience nailed -- great bed, nice food, lovely living room, warm and friendly atmosphere. Only small problem was the size of the Goodwin Room, which we had chosen for its king size bed -- this room is really too small for two people; we spent the first 24 hours tripping over each other and the lack of a closet is a real drawback, altho the large hanger thing over the door is a clever almost-solution. When we go back -- and we certainly will go back -- we will choose the Mornington Room instead. Smaller bed, but much larger room, real closet and a double jacuzzi.

Room Tip: See above comments!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

When I first booked our stay here on December 18, the website told me that I would receive a confirmation phone call within 24 hours. Less than an hour later, Orquida called me and confirmed our stay and checked with me about my gluten allergy so that she could make breakfast to meet my needs. Already, I was very impressed and excited about our stay. On Friday night, after driving for several hours on snowy and icy roads, we pulled into the Afton Mountain Bed and Breakfast where our hosts warmly welcomed us into their home and promptly got us settled into our room. We stayed in the Looking Glass room, which was a cozy room for 2. The room was very clean and we had a very comfortable, restful stay. There were snacks not only in our room, but also in the hallway along with refreshments, which was nice since we arrived kind of late. (My husband LOVED the cookies!) The charm of this b&b, as well as the breakfast each morning was outstanding. I kept raving over how much I loved the architecture of the house, how good the food was, how quiet everything was and how, even though the house was fully booked all weekend, we felt like we were the only ones there. My husband and I were there to visit Monticello and surrounding area. Orquida and Dan gave us info about the places we were headed and helped point us in the right direction. We will definitely be seeing this bed and breakfast again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank lindseynben
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I took a B&B tour of VA for our honeymoon. Afton Mtn was BY FAR the best choice we made on our little get away. Dan and Orquida were most welcoming and friendly when we arrived and we settled right in. The first morning Orquida made apple cinnamon waffles; which was the best thing I had every eaten. Right up until the next morning when we had baked french toast. HOLY CANOLI!!! I should have eaten seconds. :) Dan and Orquida you guys are great! Thank you so much for welcoming us into your lovely home. Mark and Jackie

Room Tip: We stayed in the Looking Glass Room. It was beautiful and very cozy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast this weekend. Orquita and Dan were the perfect hosts...and were very intent on catering to any needs we may have.
The breakfast was delicious and plenty. They make a point of using local foods and coffee. The cookies and drinks left out in the afternoon/evening were a great touch.
We frequent the area and will most definitely be staying again.
Thanks!

Room Tip: We took the room on the first floor. It is close to the kitchen but don't worry, you can't...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tlcooke62
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Foliage and the Afton Mountain B&B

This verse is for the great and small
Who love the colors of the fall.
For them who must live in the city
We deeply feel the greatest pity.

They dwell, and this is no mean feat,
In steel, in glass, and in concrete -
A single horticultural thrill:
A cactus on the windowsill.

But yet, in autumn they’ll go far
Packed in the family motor car.
Be they just four, or be they five
They head straight for the Skyline Drive.

Where gorgeous colors dazzle eyes
Right where the hawk or falcon flies.
When weary of these colors right
They ask, “Where shall we spend the night?”

In Afton is a B&B
To which the city slickers flee.
The rooms are tastef’lly decorated;
Each has a bathroom, separated.

I slept in a four-poster bed.
To which I, quite exhausted fled.
I woke refreshed with appetite
Quite hopeful for a tasty bite.

Then in the breakfast room, you see
A cup of Joe awaited me.
A stack of pancakes, bacon fried,
The syrup is the hostess pride.

Then next we go into our car
To travel home, ‘t is not too far
If on the Sky Line Drive you go
And motor homeward, Northward, Ho!

P.S.

The front steps need a banister
So you don’t fall on your canister.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afton
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
Boar's Head Resort
Boar's Head Resort
#10 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!