“Great choice for lunch...”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #76 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Sarasota, Florida
“Great choice for lunch...”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a really great choice for lunch... delicious bread and the trio of dips is yummy! :-)

We come here once a year while in town for the annual art show and do like it, but as always, the prices just seem a bit too high...

Nice, casual environment though and if you want something light and tasty, give it a try...

• Visited September 2013

Lancaster, NY
“BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Wow. My husband and I walked into the storefront while strolling around King Street at Breakfast Time on Labor Day, just to see what it looked like inside. We were hoping to find something unique, as it was our last day in Alexandria. All I could really see in the window from the street were jars of jams and things, so I thought this was probably just a little specialty store which sold some bread and jams and stuff. I couldn't have been more wrong! What a stunning display of bakery delights, breads, rustic decor, stained glass around the kitchen, and a bustling but welcoming atmosphere of breakfast diners with tables full of fresh ingredients. A waitress saw us standing there stupefied, so I asked "Are you still serving breakfast?" to which she said "Yes! We have the best breakfast in town!" She was absolutely spot on. My husband started with a coffee order, and I the Watermelon Cooler, because it was hot as hell outside. His coffee came in a beautiful china pot, a large cup, and matching little cup of milk. Pouring coffee became an experience, not just a drink! My watermelon cooler was one of the best non-alcoholic drinks I have ever had! Very unique, very refreshing. I usually pride myself in being able to break down the ingredients based on my sense of taste, but this one I wasn't sure of. Most likely a combination of strained pureed watermelon, cucumbers, maybe a dash of lime juice, and fresh mint, which I saw the kitchen actually pick from a little pot of herbs outside the kitchen to garnish my glass. My husband's breakfast entree was the mushroom and goat cheese omelet, which he ordered to be made with egg whites --- DELICIOUS. Served with large pieces of fresh bread, also a treat. My entree was a cold salmon platter, served with fresh organic rye bread unlike any other rye I have ever had, a soft boiled egg, capers, radishes, arugula, and a yummy fromage blanc cheese. OMG. Anytime I ever travel again to Alexandria, I will be having breakfast every single day at Le Pain Quotidien.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rebecca P
Cleveland, Ohio
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had no clue that this was a chain restaurant based on our amazing experience. This was our third visit and I have ordered the same thing each time. The goat cheese and wild mushroom omlet is to die for! I chose this based on my love of goat cheese and hatred of eggs in hopes that the goat cheese would mask the egg. I never eat eggs, but if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it. The omlet alone is filling, but it comes with two large pieces of fresh bread and a small salad! If you want a more private setting, head upstairs to the loft. We were the only people up there until we paid our bill. This is a great spot for any group becasue of the diverse food choice. My one regret is that I didn't get to try the hot chocolate! When ordering coffee, it's best just to get two cups and one pot and order another if you need it as it is expensive. My only two complaints is that 1. they were understaffed and our server gave us very little attention, and 2. they put seeds on top of the oatmeal. The seeds would have been fine if they had listed them and we only sent the oatmeal back because they were well scattered and one of our diners has a medical condition that prevents him/her from eating seeds. Great place, a must on every traveler's list!

• Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lovely Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

What a fun spot. Although a chain it has the feel of a little restaurant. The service is great and the omelets delicious. Love their breakfasts and the coffee. There are many tables for two and the communal tables work well. I've also had lunch there and very good soups and salads.

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxed and friendly”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Good food, good coffee and friendly staff. The bread and especially pastries were excellent. I had afternoon tea and returned for breakfast and some take-out pastries.

• Visited May 2013