“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eisenhower Ave
Transit: King Street metro (blue line) and Eisenhower metro (yellow line) is within walking distance to the restaurant.
Description: Welcome to Zikrayet Lebanese Restaurant and Lounge! A restaurant and lounge experience like none other, Zikrayet offers a unique approach to Lebanese dining.
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My friend and I came in for lunch and hookah today. There was one waiter available to wait on all the tables. He suggested an acoholic beverage and when it came it had no trace of alcohol more like a bad fruit punch. When I told the waiter(who also made my drink) he said the cranberry juice cancels out the taste of liquor? Makes no sense. He brought another of the same which was just as bad.The food came within a reasonable amount of time, but was average at best and not worth the money. To top off my Terrible visit, when the check came the waiter added gratuity at a 17percent clip for just 2 people! Based on this visit, I wouldn't return. The positive review on here must be from someone employed there. And as you can see by the managers response to the complaints on here there is no accountability, just a "well maybe Zikyarat is not for you" tells you everything you need to know. Don't waste your time or money, NOT WORTH IT

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I've been to Zikrayet several times and every time I promise myself I won't go back. The decor and look of the restaurant is nice but that's about it. Service is overal bad. The only good service I got was from the only American girl, mind you only American period in the restaurant. The manager was friendly but besides that everyone was extremely rude. The bar is full of Russians which I generally try to avoid when I go to shisha spots anyways. Obviously they are trying but it's not working. Same singer same songs... Gets dull. It took upwards of 30 minutes for my hookah and it was explained to me " it takes a really long time on Saturdays." It seems there is no organization in this restaurant. The only plus I can give is the shrimp kabob was fair. Sorry for such a bad review but this has been my experience numerous times

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Went to Zikrayet for lunch with some co-workers on the suggestion that we try something different. Zikrayet was okay. The food was average and the portionsd were rather small. The hummus appetizer was decent, and the lunch buffet they have is pretty good. The service, although everyone is super friendly, is lousy.

2  Thank lunarluau
Reviewed 5 January 2013

It is a greaaat place with friendly environment and great staff/management/owners.
Not to mention the delicious food they serve during lunch and dinner. They have one of the best nights around the area, Thursday night Persian & International music, Friday and Saturday they have a one man show singer with a belly dancer, happy hours through out the week with amazing vibe to the place....
Best hookah you can smoke around the area. If our table had any point or concerns or reviews we always share them with the manager and everything will be solved on the spot. A place you should def. try. Nice place to gather with friends during the week days and chit chat over hookah and great food and deserts.
On the weekends the minimum charge would be $25 per person which i think the charge is very fair. Very classy place and classy people goes there.
Not sure what else i forgot to mention but its a great place after all and every time i go there i have a great time. I feel home.....

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I went with my family based on invitation of one of my friend. We sat and waited waited and waited for at least 14 minutes until one of the guy who works there. Absent minded, we had to repeat things over and over. Finally he understood and brought the food. The food looks very old and smeeled rotten. We decided to leave the place and paid at least twice comapred to other places. Very noisy with music and the middle eastern guys were looking looking tired and dull.

3  Thank Sami H
Zikko, Manager at Zikrayet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

I apologize for the lateness on the waiter coming to your table. Our food is fresh and prepared daily in our kitchen we never serve old food. Not one dish is prepared in advance. If you had a problem you should have talked to a manager. You must have come on a weekend when it was very busy. Please in respect to you never talk bad about our customers. Our prices are strategically priced for the DMV area. Thank you for trying us out maybe zikrayet is not for you.

Been to Zikrayet? Share your experiences!