My wife and I spent 5 nights in September at this Hampton as part of our very first visit to DC. I was attracted to the location (close to Old Towne Alexandria), a reasonable price, and favorable reviews. We liked that the rooms had microwaves and refrigerators and the rooms were clean and modern. We were on the sixth floor facing the front and we were never bothered with noise. The breakfast is free and very generous (I am a waffle fan) with lots of variety. It is one of the few hotels that has plenty of space for the customers eating the breakfast. There was plenty of room to eat and plenty of choices for the food (cereal, waffles, fruit, eggs, etc.). The traffic is bad so taking the Metro is the best way to go. We had great success with the free Hampton shuttle to the Metro (only 5 minutes away). Overall, the hotel is a clean, reasonably priced alternative to the expensive hotels in downtown DC. No reason to look elsewhere unless you want to walk from your hotel right to the DC attractions, which would be much more expensive especially with a downtown hotel parking fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn