We had a lovely week-long stay at this Hampton Inn while vacationing in DC. Our room was very nice, maybe just a tad smaller than others we've stayed in, but it was well furnished, clean and nice in-room amenities (fridge, microwave, bar sink, etc.) And the view from our top floor window was beautiful. The way the rooms are arranged, the bathroom and closet is between the bedroom and the hallway, so we heard very little hallway noise. Staff was courteous and helpful. Area felt safe. As with most Hampton Inns, the breakfast was great and a wonderful convenience. Though we took our food back to our room every morning, the eating area was nicest I've ever seen - very spacious and beautifully decorated. The complimentary shuttle to the Metro station, Old Town Alexandria and Reagan airport gave us the option of purchasing unlimited week-long Metro cards instead of renting a car, which worked fine for the two of us. Sure, we had to wait a bit here and there, but we weren't on a tight schedule and the weather was gorgeous, so not an issue for us. My only complaints (for lack of a better word): the room rates almost doubled during the week - standard practice in the DC area; and the prices in their snack shop were exorbitant, but there was no where else close to purchase anything, so pricey snacks it was. Oh, and those ridiculous Hampton Inn half-size pillows - personal peeve - pitiful little things. Really, the only serious drawback to this hotel is location, and that's because we didn't have a car. It's located on a busy thorough-fare (though we were on the backside of the hotel, so we didn't hear road noise) and there is nothing within walking distance except houses, offices and a buffet restaurant which was, um, edible. (I'll be nice. Let's just say, we didn't return a second time.) But, like I said, the shuttle can take you to Old Town and there are tons of restaurants there. (You can then grab the free Old Town trolley to get around, which was great!) Would we return to this hotel? With a car - absolutely. Without a car - probably, since we know the situation. We enjoyed it here and even with the room rate increase, it was still the best value for our vacation...and I researched a LOT before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn