Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
US$326
US$320
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$229
Orbitz.com
US$343
TripAdvisor
1,200 results
All reviewsold townfree shuttleshuttle servicehuntington metro stationnational harborthe breakfast areawafflesfree breakfastoutdoor pooldc areafront desk staffyellow linehotel shuttlebreakfast staffnice stayhot breakfastbusiness center
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The reasons why I am rating this hotel 4 out of 5 include: shuttle service between the hotel and Reagan National Airport, Old Town, and the Huntington Metro Station; breakfast (in house and to go); clean room; microwave; and refrigerator; and quiet. There is no restaurant at this location, but there is a variety of delivery options. The reasons why I am not rating this hotel 5 out of 5 include: our room was not made up when we returned at 4:30 p.m. on our second day (Sunday) so we had to wait for 30 minutes (not good); nothing was done about an issue with the shower rod/curtain that we reported; and we did not receive our 4:30 a.m. wake-up call, even though the front desk staff showed us where it had been written down. Luckily our backup alarms worked so we didn't miss our early flight. The manager was a bit intense. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It's hard to call a hotel that costs just under $200 a night with taxes a budget hotel, but this one is in the environment in which it is located. And, it's worth every penny. Great service, tasty cookies at night, and a better-than-average breakfast in the mornings. We were there during the U.S. House of Representatives shutdown of the government, and I particularly appreciated the hotel's listing of what was open (and advice on how to get there). The shuttle to National Airport, Old Town Alexandria, and to the Huntington METRO station was helpful. I've been fond of Hampton Inn as a brand for years, and this one did not disappoint. Only downside is that timewise it's a long drive into the District, despite the short distance in actual miles. Highly recommended...

Room Tip: The higher the better ... No room service (I touched the button and it won't let me erase it.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Playaman47
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed here as a chaperon for an athletic trip. We had a bad experience nearby on this trip last year AT A DIFFERENT HOTEL, and I was apprehensive about booking a room this year.
WE WILL STAY HERE AGAIN! The group sales department was nice to work with. They had our keys arranged for us, and it was probably the fastest check-in I've ever experienced. It has easy access and shuttle service to Alexandria without paying the "right-there" price. We went for a Redskins game, and while the hotel was almost full - it was very quiet. No road noise, yet 2 second access to the interstate. It was a great breakfast. We needed rehearsal space (last minute request) and they easily accommodated us.
Stay here for any DC visit!

Room Tip: While we didn't experience a "front room" I would advise asking for one in the back to make sure you have no road noise, but I don't think it would be a problem either way.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I am usually quite happy with Hampton inn suites and this was no different. The location is good for the Washington area and quick access to motorways etc. About 5 minutes by shuttle to Old Town Alexandria which I can highly recommend.

Rooms are big with a small kitchenette type facilities if you need them and a good office space with reliable Internet. Breakfast has some cold and hot choices and for me it was fine for 4 days.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Other than the remodeling that was being finished this hotel was a great experience. My wife and I travel quite a bit and the staff at this Hampton ranks in the top 3 of any hotel we have stayed at. The front desk staff was awesome and treated us with the utmost respect. We are actually treated like "customers" - something that seems lost in today's world. To compare this - after being at this hotel for three days of vacation we moved to the Washington Court hotel for a conference. We would have GLADLY gone back to the Hampton, the difference in customer service was light years apart even though the WC was priced at twice as much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton