Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Greenwich, ct
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The beds are soooo comfortable. The rooms are clean, modern, and spacious for a family of 6. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast area was clean with the standard continental/hot breakfast fare. The hotel location is very convenient and close to the highway. We were told by the front desk that there was free transportation to the Old Town area and to the local metro station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Steve_in_Greenwich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Turkish first
Williamsburg, VA, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Excellent hotel, Rooms were in excellent condition, staff members were very courteous and responsive to my requirements all leading to a pleasant stay. Hotel very conveniently located near the Metro and offered shuttle service to the Metro. Also located near Old Town Alexandria, VA and also offered transportation there as well. My choice for accommodations on future trips to DC area.

Wiston Salem NC.
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel room was very clean, I found the shuttle service very helpful especially as a first timer in the city. The complimentary breakfast was rich compared to other hotels with complementary breakfast I had stayed in the past. The hotel staff were ever ready to help, especially finding my way round the city.

York, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

At check in, the girl used her personal phone and answered the hotel phone several times without excusing herself. Never gave me any real acknowledgment that I was there. Just like a bean counter. Nothing personal or friendly like other Hilton locations I stay at. Booked a King room and had my confirmation info on my phone (email), but got a room with 2 Dbl beds. Manager was of no help and offered no apologies for the room. Just blamed other people for the problem and offered no solution. basically told me to take the room they had or I could leave....

1 Thank Scott W
MickiHeineken, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for all of the issues you encountered. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Edmond, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Our recent 4 night stay was beyond pleasant. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, the breakfast fare was way beyond a simple donut and coffee, the room was spacious and lovely. I recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Lynn M
Santa Barbara, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This Hampton Inn is misrepresented in their advertisement, the place is a dump, it's not any better than a Motel six of the 1980's. While the management, and their advertisement, claims to have smoking and non-smoking rooms, they all smell the same. In fact as soon as your step out of the taxi at their curb, the smell of cigarettes is unbelievable. That day, the garbage and ashtrays right outside their front door, were overflowing with trash, cigarettes and liquor bottles. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn.

1 Thank Jose Juan I
Thank you for your review of your experience with your guest room. At our property, we often utilize guest reviews to help us improve our hotel operations. We’ve reviewed your feedback with our hotel team. We are currently completing a renovation project in our standard rooms with all new carpeting, furniture, heating and a/c units as well as upgrading our beds to 2 queen size beds. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

No hot water in morning for shower. Staff said that large number of students had used all of hot water. Property should have been designed and built to handle full house. Staff seemed not to be very interested in solving problem.