We did not realize how far from the heart of Old Town this was when we booked it and arrived from the airport with no transportation. They do offer a shuttle to the closest Metro station, Old Town, and the airport, so you can get by. However, there is nothing near the hotel (restaurants, convenience stores, things to do) so once you are heading in for the night you need to have whatever you want to avoid summoning the shuttle again. The staff was very nice and friendly, the rooms were typical for a HI as was breakfast. The shuttle drivers were also sweet and helpful. If you are going to spend time in Old Town, though, I'd check prices at the HI that is right on King Street. If you have transportation, it may be worth it to save the difference in cost and drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn