After deciding very late in the game that we would go to Washington DC for Spring Break, we managed to find the Hampton Inn in Alexandria for our stay.
First, the hotel is located right next to the ongoing beltway reconstruction in Alexandria, and the hotel itself is being expanded. To be honest, the hotel does not even look open from the highway, so much construction is going on. However, true to the prior reviews, you walk in and all of that melts away.
The staff was delightful, working their "magic" to check us in two hours early (quite a feat when they were fully booked AND checkin was already a reasonable 2pm). The hotel was obviously renovated in the past few years, and the rooms, although on the small side, were fresh and clean. The new Hampton "suite bed" (I think that's what they call them) are installed, but do be aware that they only have double beds (not queens) in the double rooms that run a bit smaller than the average double bed!
The rooms were VERY quiet...not even hall noise was noted or the sound of your neighbor turning on his shower...very impressive. Maid service was attentive and fast.
The continental "hot" breakfast includes just scrambled eggs to make it hot, but the 24/7 hot coffee/hot water for tea, etc. was very welcome. Loved the Hampton "Breakfast to Go" brownbag option.
This hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Huntington Metro Station in Alexandria (end of the yellow line metro) and to and from Reagan Int'l Airport & Old Town Alexandria. Shuttle was on demand, and we never waited more than 5 minutes-very friendly drivers, too!
A metro ride into DC was about 30 minutes on the yellow line from Huntingdon to Navy/Archives (which lets you off one block from the Mall).
As stated before, the area is under heavy construction; you could not walk from this hotel to any sites, restaurants, etc. Either shuttle or your own vehicle --no walking options.
All-in-all, the stay was great for the price (about $179) and proximity to DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn