“not the best but enjoyed our stay with our family :)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“not the best but enjoyed our stay with our family :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I came here with my family and we stayed for 2 wks and we loved the staff there they were so approachable and friendly and helpful with whatever you needed :)
We did ask for a non smoking room which stank of smoke which we werent very happy about with 2 young children and non smokers ourselves but we considered it good value none the less. and it had everything we needed.
The only other thing i could moan about was that we didnt hav any housekeeping at all whilst we stayed but if we needed anything we just asked at the desk and to b honest we were quite happy being left to our own devices. Were going bk to stay in march as we liked the location by the shops and restaurants so well situated and the staff (especially Sarah :) ) were lovely!!
id recommend it if u need value for money

Room Tip: higher u go then u dont hear others above u and theres a lift lol
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We got this hotel on hotwire, knowing we would only be here one night so we weren't picky. One night was fine, anything longer would not have been fine. We paid $85 which was much higher than other hotels we stayed at this trip that were significantly nicer. The clerk was very nice in checking us in, that was the best part of the stay. It is reasonably close to DCA, took about 15 minutes in the morning to get to the airport. The room was old and ready for a rehab; the pillows were the worst I have ever experienced. All in all, if I thought I was going to get this hotel again on hotwire, I would probably pass.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed here with my brother for the 4th of July weekend. We booked it through Priceline and I was very apprehensive after the reviews but it turned out fine!!The room was clean and spacious, the staff at the reception was polite and helpful concerning directions and tips. Ok the neighborhood isn't the best but there is a good shopping center at a 5 min walking distance so you can shop for groceries or get a bite.All in all, not as bad as you would think from the reviews.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Price is the main reason I chose this hotel. They accept pets which is also a plus for me. People definitely smoke inside the hotel because you can smell it. The neighborhood seems fine--no one has tried to victimize me. Grocery and mall close by.
The building could use some serious maintenance/upgrading.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Richmond
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

No comments on experience of stay or the value of maney.....
Dont give you card details while booking. PAY BY CASH only.
I booked giving details of credit card. I consider that it is for certain security if I do something to their property. They deducted the amounts from the card towards the expenses of stay.
When I checked out, there was certain outstanding amount which was supposed to be returned to me. i was told that it would be refunded in my account in max 4 days. That was Nov 9th and today is Dec 30th.
i have been calling to the hotel to no result, they just faxed me the copy saying final statement does say that $270 needs to be refunded.....but when....sorry,,we cant say contact corporate office. Corporate office connects me back to the hotel.
No replies to mail sent.
if you dont believe in burning your hard money..........stay away from extended stay....
Ohh...they accept cash and travellers cheque but they will not return more than $20-$25 ....so give cash or travellers cheque of $20, $50...or again it will go to the ESA account and they wont return more than $20-$25....so how willl one get back the amount that needs to be returned by the hotel.....I dont know caz I dint get back any :(
Dont go near ESA ...you will lose money on services that u used (not gud anyway).....plus surcharges depending how much they are able to deduct from ur card....

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

First of all, it is located next to a cemetary and interstate and, as one local resident put it "iffy, schetchy neighborhood". Upon arrival, for business,(to be eight weeks in length), the hotel had an overwhelmingly pungent BAD smell that permeated into the rooms. People staying there placed their bags of garbage and dirty laundry (as high as 3 feet) in the hallways along the corridors, this was not an isolated incident. In fact, the hotel posts signs in the elevators and along the hallway asking people not to place their garbage and laundry in the halls. It only gets worse! Flithly hotel. I insisted that my company move me out within the week.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

We chose this hotel because of its location (near where my son lives) and reasonable price. It is an extended stay hotel so there is maid service only once a week. The room was very big, if a little worn. There was a recliner chair as well as two tables. It is right by a shopping center so it is easy to buy food for the kichen. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was not not glamorous, but very functional for our needs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple