Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at Hotel Extended Stay, Alexandria for a period of three months; I am more than happy with the services they've offered on housekeeping front, resolving any complaints quickly, and providing bills as and when required. I had interaction with Sarah who is a very good person and she knows very well on how to take care of guests needs and requests.

Room Tip: Extended Stay Hotel chain are the best when it comes to studio type rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Alexandria. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

From the reviews and pictures we thought this would be perfect for us while visiting family here. Sad to say this hotel is very run down and in need of repair. The neighborhood is dicey and the grounds smell of dog poop. The hotel room is much smaller than the picture portrays. Old and poorly maintained is the nicest thing I cans say. Huge softball size hole in the carpet. Bathroom sink handle (hot) did not work, exhaust fan in bathroom sounded like a jet taking off, plugged in the hair dryer and tripped the circuit to the TV and lights. Smelled bad, like old house with old furniture. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. I took pictures and will be emailing the corporate office on this one.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen M
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Alexandria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Extended Stay America Alexandria, is a great place to stay in for business, pleasure & family, staff makes you feel at home, welcoming attentive & always ready to help, the rooms need a face lift & modernization of the equipment, but in general it was a nice 2nd time stay in the same location.

Room Tip: Always go for corner rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Alexandria. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I came here with my family and we stayed for 2 wks and we loved the staff there they were so approachable and friendly and helpful with whatever you needed :)
We did ask for a non smoking room which stank of smoke which we werent very happy about with 2 young children and non smokers ourselves but we considered it good value none the less. and it had everything we needed.
The only other thing i could moan about was that we didnt hav any housekeeping at all whilst we stayed but if we needed anything we just asked at the desk and to b honest we were quite happy being left to our own devices. Were going bk to stay in march as we liked the location by the shops and restaurants so well situated and the staff (especially Sarah :) ) were lovely!!
id recommend it if u need value for money

Room Tip: higher u go then u dont hear others above u and theres a lift lol
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We got this hotel on hotwire, knowing we would only be here one night so we weren't picky. One night was fine, anything longer would not have been fine. We paid $85 which was much higher than other hotels we stayed at this trip that were significantly nicer. The clerk was very nice in checking us in, that was the best part of the stay. It is reasonably close to DCA, took about 15 minutes in the morning to get to the airport. The room was old and ready for a rehab; the pillows were the worst I have ever experienced. All in all, if I thought I was going to get this hotel again on hotwire, I would probably pass.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed here with my brother for the 4th of July weekend. We booked it through Priceline and I was very apprehensive after the reviews but it turned out fine!!The room was clean and spacious, the staff at the reception was polite and helpful concerning directions and tips. Ok the neighborhood isn't the best but there is a good shopping center at a 5 min walking distance so you can shop for groceries or get a bite.All in all, not as bad as you would think from the reviews.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Price is the main reason I chose this hotel. They accept pets which is also a plus for me. People definitely smoke inside the hotel because you can smell it. The neighborhood seems fine--no one has tried to victimize me. Grocery and mall close by.
The building could use some serious maintenance/upgrading.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria
Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly
Super 8 Alexandria
Super 8 Alexandria
#43 of 54 in Alexandria
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 N Breckinridge Pl, Alexandria, VA 22312-2704
Region: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Price Range: £61 - £101 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria