“Great hotel in Alexandria, VA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Colony Inn Alexandria

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Old Colony Inn Alexandria
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Oregon House, California
“Great hotel in Alexandria, VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Wonderful value, 24 hour snack room with extensive healthy and fun snacks of all kinds, helpful free on demand shuttle within a 3 mile radius of hotel which gets you to the Metro Station and downtown Alexandria. Lovely rooms, great full breakfast buffet. Would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We found this hotel to be exactly as we had read about it by other reviewers it so friendly, clean ,nothing is too much trouble for either the manager or the staff. We were given lots of info upon arrival, and the bus is so handy to take you downtown or to the station, and as for the 24/7 eatery it is such a bargain!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Payson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I booked the twin queen beds room early enough to get a $107 rate. If I am not supposed to use hard numbers, the newer Holiday Inn Express {block away} was enough more that I would have paid MORE to stay 2 days and used a rewards night as a third night at HI Exp., than what I paid for 3 three nights at Old Colony Inn. My room was clean, fresh and comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. Bath room facilities were clean, and the only sign that it was probably 40-50 years old was old one inch bathroom floor tiles, and a metal frame and bathroom door that didn't close tight. Inclusive breakfast was ample if a bit institutional. You can eat low fat, high fiber, high fat, low carb, sugar bomb cereal, high protein, or any combination thereof. if you need elevators, specify a ground floor room. no elevator to second floor. additional benefits: shuttle van to Braddock Station Metro, or King street entertainment. "Snack room with good coffee, until some golden-ager boogers it up. We came in from the Metro famished,and found ice cream bars there. It hit the spot. Ice available downstairs, but not an endless supply, if you were going to try and fill ice chests. cable internet [using it right now]. Probably 70 TV channels of family type programming. Air conditioning worked for me. Quiet neighborhood, with Thai, restaurant, giant grocery store, liquor store, pizza joint, sandwich shop. within 4 blocks walking. TMI?

Room Tip: Our room was away from Washington Parkway, and was quiet. whole inn was quiet. room 210 very good???
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were a guest of the Old Colony Inn over the 2nd weekend in Sept. 9th 2011 and the property had just finished replacing all the rooms with new beds which are very comfortable. Housekeeping could however do a better job of cleaning the corners of the room and HVAC vents as they had lots of built up dust. The snack room on the 2nd floor (there is no elevator) is very well stocked with chips and crackers, hot and cold beverages and frozen treats. Breakfast was good with several hot items and make your own waffle maker. The shuttle is a big help to get to and from the Metro and nearby locations. The only issue I had was with one gust services person at the front desk. I went to the desk to ask for soap which was not left in the room (no big deal to me) and she never acknowledged I was standing their. She and the shuttle driver where picking out their KFC out of the take out box and I had to ask for service. She then handed me the soap without ever making eye contact or offering me a simple sorry. So I was taken back about that. Otherwise I would return to this hotel again and would have rated it as Excellent.

Room Tip: The property has no elevator to the 2nd floor guest rooms so if you have any issues using stairs, ge...
1 Thank 1600Penn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Old Colony in from august 19th to the 21st and everything about it was wonderful. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable. The snack room was well stacked and very convient for all snacking needs and breakfeast was always hot and had a nice variety. Will definatly be staying at this hotel again on our next stay to the DC/VA area.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank irish168
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I stayed here for one night, but would have been very happy to stay for more. It is not a luxury hotel, but that's not what I was looking for. I was looking for three things: a nice, quiet room, a location convenient to DC and Reagan National Airport, and no problems. I got all of this and more. All of the staff were very friendly--and I do mean all, from the front desk staff, to the breakfast minder, to the housekeepers. I checked in around midnight, and the man at the desk carried my two suitcases up to my second-floor room. The next morning I asked for a check-out time a little later than the posted time, and was given it with no hassle. The breakfast was what you would normally get in this kind of hotel--nothing fancy, but a good start to the day. No complaints there. The snack pantry on the second floor was an unexpected (and welcome) bonus. And the only sounds I heard were the ones coming from my room--nothing at all from other rooms or outside. I didn't have any need to use the shuttle, but it was offered. For the price, I cannot overstate how pleased I was with this hotel. If I am in Alexandria again, it won't be hard to decide where to stay. I'll be back at the Old Colony Inn in a second.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MoseyOn
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

We had stayed here 4 years ago and although basic in every way, found it to be most convenient to get to the Metro (using the hotel shuttle) and within fairly easy walking distance from the main area of Alexandria. Now, however, there have been huge improvements..there is a snack bar on the 2nd floor with free beverages, snacks, yoghurt, ice creams etc...we were amazed at the variety of goods they had there. There was a small seating area but as were we virtually next to the snack bar we snacked in our room!! We had to complain on the first night at 11pm as there were some older children playing music and shouting in the area but the night receptionist soon sent them to their rooms and all was well for the rest of the stay. The shuttle will now take you to AND pick you from restaurants in Alexandria centre as well as to and from the Metro. Wonderful service.Our room had all we needed and was clean and comfortable. The staff on reception were so friendly and helpful..our stay was just great.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple