“Old but nice and Comfortable”

Old Colony Inn Alexandria
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
CHICAGO IL
“Old but nice and Comfortable”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed for one night with my family during a road trip while I am passing through Alexandria and the hotel was not hard to find, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I got a room on the second floor and the only problem was that there was no elevator for guests but only one for handicap people. Additional bonus for this hotel is that you can get a brief history lesson from American past.

Room Tip: Call in advance to reserve a room at the first floor if you do not like to climb stairs
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NAVARO-USA
Shelby C, Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. We were so happy to have you stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay as well. if you come back to visit again and you don't get a room upstairs just let our drivers know and they will be happy to assist you with your luggage up the stairs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Peyton, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Best Western Old Colony Inn was the perfect place to stay for our Washington D.C. vacation. The hotel is just moments away from Braddock Road Metro stop (and with the free shuttle service there is no need to worry!) and then a short trip on the Yellow line to the center of D.C. The best part was that we got away from the "city" atmosphere for a peaceful night's rest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Melissa C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We got to the hotel real late around 3 AM. It is best for the value rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing it had everything one can ask for in breakfast. We enjoyed our stay minutes away from DC.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Shelby C, General Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for giving us your comments about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come visit us again when you are in the DC area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Since my previous review of about a year ago I have stayed at this location several times so I think I should update the review based on experience since then.

As other reviewers indicate, this hotel is not "fancy" - but if you are looking for a clean well-run place with a very good staff, great location, and very good value for the money, the Best Western Old Colony Inn should definitely be considered.

When I wrote my previous review, I was disappointed when the ownership changed and it looked like they were going to go "really cheap" on a property that is not very elaborate to start with. But since then they have updated the lobby/reception area and have maintained a very good staff. The rooms are clean and the beds seem new. The free breakfast is so-so but it suffices since I'm not a big breakfast person anyway. Internet works reliably.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian D
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This place is about as bare bones as you get. No elevator, one main entrance (the exits on both sides of the motel lead you to the outside with no hope getting back in- a bit sketchy feeling)- THe hallways are freezing- there is no restaurant or pool-just great proximity to Washington DC. I didn't come for the sights but to visit my parents for a week. t thought I was getting a good deal with the $87 dollar nightly rate but turns out that the Holiday Inn ( a block away) had a rate of 80 dollars a night- they have a restaurant and pool and elevators. I wish I had gone there instead of spending four nights here. If you have a big family and want an economical place, I'm sure this is a good enough place. But if you're coming for relaxation, I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am sorry you were not happy with your accommodations. We are an older hotel in Alexandria, but we have great service and clean rooms for a good nights stay. I hope you will give us another try.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel staff at this Best Western are the most helpful group. They were welcoming, accommodating, and just as pleasant as any place I've stayed. They were professional yet went out of their way to make us feel like family. We had a small baby and they lugged cribs and luggage, well outside of their realm of responsibilities. The best!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank BeeTee8829
Shelby C, Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
BeeTee8829,
We are so happy to hear from you and know you had such a good time here at the Best Western Old Colony Inn. Thank you for taking the time to send in your survey and comments regarding our hotel to Trip Advisor.
Please come back and visit us again when you are in the area.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was very nice stay. I enjoyed shattle bus bringing to metro station and to Ronald Reagan Aeroport. Staff was very friendly. There was good internet connection, and priter to use. Many cheap restorans around withg good quality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business