“BW Old Colony”

Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Absecon, New Jersey
“BW Old Colony”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location makes getting to get to Crystal City and Reagan airport a short drive. The rooms are a little older but CLEAN. Clean is important to me. Breakfast had the usual choices including eggs, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Washington St. are quietest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have never written a hotel review before, and we are a family who go for vacation at least 3 times every year. We always look for budget hotels and cleanliness is the top most criteria in our requirement. Our daughter found this one for us for our recent trip to DC. I am so thankful and happy for her find.
It is clean, spacious and has a beautifully preserved old world charm. I loved the white linens. The breakfast was awesome too. There was everything for everybody, and plenty. Spacious dinning area was another great plus point.
The hotel is just few miles from Lincoln Memorial, and there is a beautiful view of DC from a marina close to the hotel.
I will suggest this hotel to everyone who are looking for a pocket friendly feel good hotel.

2 Thank happytraveler142014
Shelby C, General Manager at Old Colony Inn Alexandria, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
happytravler142014,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so happy we could be of service to you and your family. We love it when guest staying with us enjoy their stay as much as we enjoy you being here. Come on back and see us again when you come to the area.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Good location with shuttle to Old Town Alexandria and environs. Nice breakfast, hotel dated but clean with helpful staff. No ice machine but bags if ice available in freezer. Internet was fair. Quiet, set back from main road on a little side road.

2 Thank N6174CXmicheleb
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I just wanted to say thank you for a great experience after coming to Virginia to lay my father to rest at Arlington Cemetery, the staff here was excellent and very accomodating. during this stressful time, we encountered that we had locked our suitcases and left the key at home, I had called down the night before and they said maintenance will be here at 6am, mike who was on that day was quick to respond with a hack saw which I then was able to retreive my dress cloths for that day, thanks again for being to fast and prompt to respond mike, we greatly appreciate you all!!!
I can't say enough about the staff from the arrival, to our departure, from front desk, maintenance, houskeeping, driver and breakfast attendant, you all did a remarkable job and were very friendly, and I wish you all the best in life, god bless and I hope to stay there again one day.
I hope I did not forget anyone to praise...great job everyone!!!

Sincerely

Brad Childers from Ohio

Room Tip: maybe get a room close to your parking but even on the second floor your still not much futher away...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad C
Brad C,
Thank YOU so much for your kind words. We are happy we could be here for you when you needed us most. I am glad Mike could get your suitcase open with out any trouble and you could get to your close and had everything you needed. My staff and I again send our condolences to you and your family. We would be please to have you come stay with us again.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Old Colony Inn is in an excellent location to the Smithsonian in DC & shuttle service is offered to the closest Metro Station. This was a huge plus instead of driving & finding parking. Some folks had to wait 30 minutes to be picked up at the Metro station but we didn't have that experience. The shuttle will also take you/pick up to & from Old Town Alexandria until 8:45 pm daily. The hotel itself is older with a quaint brick exterior to match the general building theme in Old Town but was updated & clean. Our double room was small with updated linens, shower & sink. Two queens would have been preferred. The staff were very accommodating, helpful & quick to respond to questions. We enjoyed free parking, a decent breakfast & could walk to the nearby Giant grocery as needed. The only downside was no elevator but someone is available to help with luggage. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Sunshine5001
BARRIE
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was comfortable and clean. It is close to Washington DC, Arlington National Cemetery and downtown Alexandria. The staff is helpful and courteous. The shuttle service is adequate and the driver courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

839dennisV,
Hello I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed our shuttle service. Hope to see you the next time you come to the area.
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For the value, this hotel is fine, but the rooms are small. Double beds, small vanity area. Breakfast is fine. Wifi did not work while we were there. The free parking is great, and certainly helpful in that area.