“Great food!”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great service and excellent food. We tried mixed grill, oysters, swordfish. All dishes were fresh, creative, and delicious. Mostly adult patrons when we visited, but my children enjoyed it as well--- eating off the adult menu. Seven year old tried oysters on the half shell first time, with delight. We are visiting from California and picky about fresh seafood.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The menu was very limited, so be sure to check before you take a family. Restaurant was basic. Service was fine. Nothing was super, just a nice place to experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Dined here last evening on recommendations from Trip Advisor. Simple but tasteful decor. The place a nice busy hum to it at 8:30 pm on a Monday night.
My daughter and I sampled the raw oysters, which I personally hadn't eaten for some time; tasty, but smaller than I remember them to be, but I am far from experienced on this. Lobster bisque was delicious with large lobster chunks in it. My wife had the grilled bluefin which she enjoyed. I had the lobster roll with fries - very nice. The girls both ordered the fried shrimp and calamari - great portion size and delicious especially with the dipping sauce. My son picked the jackpot tastiest meal which was the steamed Bay mussels. To die for.
It would be nice if they had a few more salad options. No clam chowder? Enjoyed the wine. The wait staff was very attentive. We would not hesitate to go back.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fabulous oysters! Jeremy and Tim are two of the most gifted servers in Old Town and they will not let you down if you ask for a recommendation. I have never had a dish here that wasn't top notch. The vegetables are as amazing as the seafood.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant lived up to it's name for three in our party. They all had the fried oysters and raved about them. I'm one of those people who can't stand oysters, so I got a big plate of fried clams. Yummy!. The only drawback was that an oyster sneaked into my order, and biting down on it was not a pleasant experience. But they brought me a couple more fried clams to make up for it. Really delicious, big onion rings (could have had another order), and the local beers were terrific.