“Tasting Alexindria Virg.”

DC Metro Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DC Metro Food Tours brings groups on 3.5 hour walking tours that highlight the architecture, history, people and most importantly, the cuisine of Washington DC area neighborhoods. Our Food Tours have been carefully developed to create a striking harmony between a neighborhood’s local cuisine, history, and architecture. The food served at each establishment accurately reflects their house specialties while staying true to the area’s culinary history. Washington DC Food Tours:The Capitol Hill Culinary ExperienceCapitol Hill is a 200 year old melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions. The country’s largest Victorian neighborhood has been the home to laborers, craftsmen, and members of congress alike. Enjoy a series of dishes from restaurants and shops nestled in quaint row houses, clustered down barracks row, and located inside the district’s longest running market.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tasting Alexindria Virg.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We spent one afternoon on this tour. The firehouse was very good. The tea store was great. and the desert place was good. The first place we stopped serve MAC & CHEESE. Everyone on the tour loved the Mac &Cheese, I do not care for any noodle dish so my husband ate mine.

Visited November 2013

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Overpriced and underwhelmed”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I weren't all that impressed with this tour. I felt the tour didn't go into enough about the area and some of the food was mediocre. We visited the four following restaurants on the tour:

Union Street Public House - Here we were offered a small mac and cheese dish and a small beer. The dish was decent, but the beer was small. I'm not sure if I would have ate at this restaurant if it wasn't for the tour.

Columbia Firehouse - This was the best place on the tour. We were given a dish that had two scallops and they were good. Again, this probably wouldn't have been my first choice for restaurants in Alexandria, but I did enjoy the dish.

The Pita House - The food was alright, but I didn't like that it was served family style. This mean't that you weren't able to try everything and many of the popular items were gone by the time the plate got to me.

Bittersweet Cafe - Here we were offered a Jelly Cake that isn't available to the public. It was a little dry, but not too bad. I am not sure if I consider this a good stop on a food tour.

Overall, I would not do another DC Food Tour. I just don't think it is worth the $60 per person.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Highly recommend!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I did the Old Town Alexandria tour on our honeymoon and we LOVED it! We met the tour guides, Chris and Trevor (Trevor was training) in Market Square. They seeked us out as we were waiting for them. There was a total of six in our group, plus Chris and Trevor. We walked around town in areas I wouldn't have thought to look at and we were told stories of the town's history. We also walked by a lot of houses that historical figures lived in and stopped in a church, where we saw George Washington and Robert E. Lee's family pews. We ate at four restaurants. As we ate, we chatted about Alexandria, DC, and pretty much anything that we wanted to talk or ask about. At the first restaurant we had an appetizer and a margarita, the next two restaurants we had actual meals (you could order alcoholic drinks at these two a la carte), and at the last restaurant we had dessert and coffee. By the end of the tour, I was STUFFED. I could barely finish eating.

This was truly a GREAT experience. You could tell Chris and Trevor both loved what they were doing and were actually excited about giving us the tour. The tour was about 3 hours, but it flew by because we were having such a good time! I HIGHLY recommend taking a DC Metro Food Tour!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Paige89
No. VA
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Great time - Good Food -Interesting History”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We did the Historic Old Town Alexandria Food Tour, and it was great! Our guide (Lynn) was super!! We did four restaurants, with a wide mix of flavors and types of food. The portions are just right to get plenty to taste, but not leave you stuffed and miserable. You start with a tasty appetizer, walk to another restaurant for more of a small plate entree, followed by a tasting sample at the third restaurant, then a nice stroll to the forth for dessert. All the time you're walking, Lynn is giving you the history of the houses, buildings and streets! Fascinating!!! We loved it!! I'd highly recommend it!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank mlowder500
New Zealand
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Good mixture of historical and food tour. Well organised and very good guide. Restaurants well chosen and food very good. Especially enjoyed the cocktail at the first restaurant. And the scallops at the second. While the Lebanese restaurant was perfectly OK thought it did not fit in with the historical theme. The jelly cake was surprisingly good.

Visited April 2013