“Wonderful Stay!”

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My Mom and I stayed at the Residence Inn Old Town South for an overnight getaway. The service was wonderful! I loved the fact that they offered shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town. Parking was easy ($18 per night, but it's hard to beat the convenience), breakfast was great, and the room was wonderful! Very clean and well decorated, our King suite fit our needs well. The was a kitchnette, and a writing tablet for making grocery shopping lists. The Residence Inn will do your grocery shopping for you at no charge! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful in helping us navigate our unfamiliar surroundings. There is an IMAX movie theater and several restaurants within walking distance. There is also a convenience store and a Whole Foods nearby. Old Town Alexandria was awesome! Beautiful place to walk, eat, and browse. There is a free trolley that runs up and down King Street with numerous stops along the way. Overall, I have no complaints and only praises for this Residence Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1311, which is near the top floor and on the opposite side of the Metro which pass...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank ginasettle
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Hi theonlyregina!

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and I'm glad we received such praise! :)

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.

Ps. I'm very familiar with Willow Spring....a great town!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

My husband was assigned the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle when doing a 30-day training in Northern Virginia. I joined him for the last week of his time. He had been bragging on the room and service, and I completely agree. Very spacious. Lots of drawer space, but closet way too small. In-room kitchen has microwave, stove-top, large refrigerator, and dishwasher. Essential utensils for light cooking. Cleaning staff outstanding and unobtrusive. Laundry room available, but laundry/cleaners same-day service available. Breakfast/dinner food adequate--standard fare, but kitchen personnel always pleasant and helpful. Front desk staff, especially Pam, extended themselves to provide best experience possible. Very convenient to two Metro lines--easy in and out of Washington, DC. We highly recommend this hotel, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank peggywelch60
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Hello Peggywelch60,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful five star review. I am glad we were able to make your husbands 30 day visit as comfortable as possible, and I'm happy you were also able to enjoy the last week of the trip.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Have steyed three times in the past year at the Residence Inn Alexandria. Have had excellent servie checking in and checking out with no difficulty, Exercise facilities are excellent and rooms are always clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank travis j
Reviewed 7 February 2012

From check-in to check-out the service was top-notch! My room request was met and the cleanliness made me feel right at home. The morning breakfast and evening meal were always a welcome a satisfying dining arrangement after my long days.

Thank you and your personnel for showing me what "TRUE" customer service is. Your establishment will be the only place I stay when my travels bring me back to Alexandria. Have a great week, and thanks once again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank L W
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have been staying at the Carlyle Residence Inn for over 3 years. I usually stay for a few days every couple of months. Additionally, many of my co-workers stay at this same hotel because of the great service, amenities, and location. I have stayed at several of the other hotels in the area and trust me, nothing compares. The rooms are terrific - up-to-date, clean, and nicely furnished with a separate work area - great for the business traveler. The internet is fast and free! Complimentary USA Today is available at the desk, and the complimentary breakfast is very nicely done with plenty of fresh food to select from. I highly recommend the manager's social Monday - Thursday with a complimentary meal and drink. These are in the evening and are a nice way to wind down a busy day in a stress-free environment. I do not usually drive there, but there is parking available on site. There is a modest business center with the ability to access the interent and print. It is located right off the lobby. Plenty of great restaurants in the area that you can comfortably walk to; and the always on time Metorail is only a block away. I use it for quick transportation to/from the airport. I have personally met the general manager, destination sales executive, and many of the staff - a better team you will not find. They have conference rooms on site for meetings, though I have not been in them yet. I highly recommend staying here for any trip in the area - it is my favorite place to stay in Alexandria!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the Metrorail are typically a little quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank Patrick H
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Patrick,
Thank you for such a great review! It is always great to hear from our guests, and I appreciate your taking the time to write. I'm glad you are able to take advantage of our all the amenities we have to offer. All of us at the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

The name Residence Inn may connote stuffy, old and drab. This Residence Inn is anything but!
The rooms (we had a basic studio) are fabulously decorated and comfortable. You enter into the kitchen area and the cherry cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances immediately set the tone for modern and clean. The living room is funky and bright. The flat screen TV swivels from the sleeping alcove so that you can watch from the couch or bed.

Service was friendly and fast.

Breakfast was a bit underwhelming. Stale breads, greasy eggs. No one really seems to oversee breakfast and it was difficult to get attention for more bowls, syrup, etc. But it was free so hard to really complain that much.

We travel to Alexandria often to see family and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank nickijags
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Greetings nickijags!
On behalf of everyone at the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, thank you very much for your very nice review. Your positive comments about the room, kitchens, flat screen televisions and overall impression of our property are very much appreciated. I also want to assure you that your comments about breakfast have been heard, and your feedback will be incorporated into training process. Our guest's comments enable us to continually improve, so thank you again.
Next time you visit your family in Alexandria, try to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle. It's a great way to get around the local area, to the Metro stations, or the restaurants near the water in Old Town.
See you soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

You can't go wrong! The service, Internet, and the room was wonderful. I travel the USPTO often and this hotel is where I always stay, and I always enjoy my stay. I would recommend it to anyone. I think it would also be a nice place to stay even if you were not there for business.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Charles G
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Greetings Charles G!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about the Residence Inn by Marriott Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I was very pleased to read such positive comments. I hope you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Metro, or getting to and from the USPTO. The complimentary shuttle is a great convenience!

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!