“Spectacular!!”

Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Providence, RI
Reviewed 17 March 2009

This is a Fantastic property with an outstanding staff! I will certainly be staying here again and agan!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Distribution_Mgr, Area Distribution Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2009
Hello Samthe3,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you thought the property was “fantastic” and that the staff were “outstanding.” It makes a big difference for us. Thank you for staying and continuing to return. We sincerely appreciate it!
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 17 March 2009

When I first arrived, there was a hand-written note to welcome me along with a complimentary bottle of water and a delicious chocolate covered Belgium waffle. Needless to say I felt very welcomed! The room I was originally assigned did not have a bathtub so I called the front desk and asked to be moved. The woman who had quickly checked me in came up to the room to deliver the new room key and was very kind, offering to help me move to the new room. She also called the new room a short time later to make sure that I was satisfied. She and all of the other front desk staff were great. I made several calls to the front desk throughout my stay for various things and the line was always promptly answered by someone eager to help.

The rooms are modern, calming, and beautiful. The room I was moved to had a personal computer inside of it although the first room did not. The personal computer was a nice touch - it had free access to the internet and menus to get info about the hotel, restaurants, spa and the Old Town Alexandria location. I would have left my laptop at home if I knew the p.c. would be there, I never had an in-room computer at any other property I’ve stayed at so I thought it was pretty neat! The bed was super soft and comfortable with TONS of pillows, which I like. Housekeeping did a great job every day. My only complaint about the room would be that the bath mat was taken out after the first day and never replaced.

I ordered room service several times and it was delivered quickly each time. The food from room service was very tasty and always warm. I had breakfast at Brabo and it was also nice. There are several restaurants near the hotel too, but I preferred room service since it was cold and rainy the majority of my stay.

The Lorien Spa was definitely the highlight of my stay. I had their signature “Sweet Dreams” massage and it was beyond relaxing and enjoyable. The spa attendant and masseuse were polite and professional. The spa itself is very beautiful and decorated in the same pale blue and white of the rest of the hotel. Hot tea and snacks are offered before and after your service in a calming setting adjacent to the locker rooms and treatment rooms. I bumped into a colleague of mine while I was there and she raved about her massage too. We had the same masseuse, Stephanie, and she was great.

The metro (King Station) was a 5-7 minute walk and the Old Town Alexandria trolley runs for free up and down King Street every 20 or so minutes, so the location of the hotel is great as well.

After my four nights at the hotel I moved to the Crystal City Hyatt for one night and had wished I stayed at the Lorien. I just can’t say enough about this hotel, it was a wonderful stay. The hotel is brand-new and the service is just as nice as the new property. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Hello Sush68,

I am glad that the amenity waiting for you upon arrival made you feel welcomed. I apologize that the original room you were in was less desireable but I am happy that once you alerted the front desk they were quick responding. It seems that every aspect of your stay was enjoyable from your relaxing spa treatment to your in room dining and the in room computer system. Thank you for staying and please come back and visit again soon!