“Wonderful. Great. Perfect for our wedding night.”

Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We stayed here for two nights, our wedding night and an additional night. This is a quiet peaceful hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable. We booked a terrace suite so we had plenty of room. Perfect hotel for a romantic weekend. Excellent staff. Located in Old Town Alexandria, in walking distance to all the attractions.

1  Thank 07082006
Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed 28 March 2010

Afetr staying in many Kimpton properties we decided to try the Lorien Hotel & Spa. Firstly there are a lot of positives about this hotel. Great location, very friendly and accomodating staff and very pleasing to the eye.

Now our issue was an extremely noisy room. We had a child staying somewhere near us (either adjacent room or adjoining room) and we could hear every scream they made. It seemed as though they were right in the room with us. I have to admit we did not report this to management as we had arrived back from our evening kind of late and by the morning it was really too late. But I believe the walls at this property do not cushion sound at all.

I have a profile on file with Kimpton that stipulates a quiet room. I'm not sure how this got overlooked.

Other than that the property is great and Alexandria is a wonderful place to spend some time.

1  Thank travelersK&W
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Everyone in hotel was very nice and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. Hotel Restaurant was excellent. You have to try the spa. Stone massage was top rate!

1  Thank moscow20
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I enjoyed staying at the Lorien for 2 nights when I was in town for a business trip. Room was clean and nicely decorated in light blue and white. I thought the furnishings were very upto date and the bathroom had especially nice fixtures. It was nice staying in a funky room where the door to the bathroom was a giant frosted glass sliding door.

I loved the inroom computer w/ internet access. Being a frequent stayer and getting a $10 credit towards the mini bar was nice. I found my room to be quiet.

Plus for it being near the Metro station.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My husband surprised me with a night at La Lorien - we got a luxurious suite, champagne, and breakfast at Brabo (an utterly epic dining experience) for $189/night. The room and sitting area was well appointed and had great amenities like a balcony, flat screen tvs, and comfortable beds, and the bathroom was equally amazing - huge, open shower, serious soaking tub, and Aveda products. We used the gym, which was clean and had a lot of good cardio equipment. I wanted to try the spa...hopefully next time! Consider eating at Brabo the night before as well - they have a restaurant and a tasting room.

Reviewed 11 March 2010

From the moment we checked in until we left our experience was excellent. We loved our room -- it was elegantly furnished, immaculate and quiet. I wanted to take the soaking tub home with me! We will definitely stay again. I can add this hotel to the list of other Kimpton Hotels I have stayed in that were equally wonderful!

Reviewed 10 March 2010

The Lorien Hotel and Spa is the gem of King Street. I have stayed in this hotel (a Kimpton property) many times since it opended last year and the service has always been first rate all the way - -especially the front desk staff. The hotel is new, and everything is spotless and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I've been lucky enough to stay in one of their suites; a great experience!

The hotel's location is very convernient - a block and a half from the Metro and all Alexandria and DC have to offer. And it's on King Street - - great dining and shopping - -it's hard to get bored here. There is a free trolley that runs up and down King Street from morning until 10PM at night...a great way to see the sights if you don't feel like walking.

I used the spa for the first time last week for a Swedish massage. A one-of-a-kind experience that should not be missed. The spa is beautiful and once you go in, you would not know that you were in a downtown hotel. The spa alone is worth a trip here!

The food is very good at both Brabo (restaurant) and the Tasting Room (lighter fare). I am partial to the Tasting Room.

I highly recommend the Lorien Hotel and Spa - it's a shame I was here on business and not pleasure!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business