“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Gloucester, Virginia
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Whilst turning in my financials for a conference I attended at this hotel in mid-March of 2014, I was reminded to write this review. While the suite that I shared with my co-workers was extremely nice and seemed to have been recently renovated, our first night at the hotel was anything but nice. Loud partygoers yelling, knocking on random doors, and vomiting in the hallways made sleep nearly impossible until after 3 am. Arriving in the conference area the next morning, I was greeted by chaos and the overwhelming - and sickening - smell of vomit and stale alcohol from a rental event the night before. The ballroom where portions of the conference were to be held had been condemned for structural damage from the previous rental - so the conference exhibits were forced into the reeking hallways. While I realize that the destruction was caused by outside parties, I did not feel as though the hotel acknowledged the disruption and - frankly sickening conditions that conference attendees and general hotel guests who were not part of a conference had to deal with. I also had issues at the concierge desk when I asked for the location of a particular metro station. He never answered my question - but kept insisting that I had to take a shuttle to Pentagon City - which is not what I was asking at all. Luckily, my phone had GPS and I found the station eventually. I seriously doubt I will stay at this hotel again whenever business or pleasure takes me to Alexandria - which is relatively often.
On a positive note - the sushi bar in the hotel restaurant was outstanding.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anna H
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Anna H
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity in the future

Ralph Priesing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Middletown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The service was exxcellent. They catered to the veterans very well. I couldn't have asked for a better time at a hotel. We will be visiting the hotel a lot because we will be helping out with the Honor Flight from Austin.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed for a conference and was very disappointed with this hotel. When we got to our room, there was no shampoo or soap, only lotion. I had to call 3 times to have some brought up. The heat didn't work and when I called, an engineer came to the room and said "it's turned off because it is over 50 degrees outside". Our room was around 60 and they wouldn't turn it on. There was no hot water 2 of the 4 mornings. When I called the first time, they said "oh, it's happening to you too". I wasn't sure what they meant but the next day there was still no hot water for showers so they clearly didn't fix the issue. Furniture was not in very good condition either, banged up, scratched, etc. Room was crowded, not much room to move about. There are very few dining options in the area as well. Lastly, the "up" escalator from the conference rooms was broken all 4 days.

I certainly won't be staying here again and was quite surprised at the lack of attention at a Hilton. I'd come to expect more from them.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BuddyBird99
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear BuddyBird99

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Just checked out today after staying with my family for 5 nights on spring break. We have a 3 yo and 6 yo and we all had a great trip. The hotel is large and the rooms were spacious. I appreciated having a fridge in the room and plenty of drawers and shelves so we could fully unpack. We enjoyed breakfast in the hotel restaurant 3x and all times the food was good, esp the waffles. It is about 10 mins to DC but we enjoyed the drive in each morning and evening. I'd stay here again without any hesitation. The staff was fantastic, helpful and always pleasant with our family.

Stayed April 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a very convenient area, it provides access to all main routes to downtown DC. The lobby is very nice, and the decor is superb. The main restaurant is kind of dark, and tucked in a corner on the lobby floor. The room was excellent and very clean. All the amenities were top notch. The hotel parking has a much to desire, it is like a maze and way over priced. Specially when I stayed in the middle of December, and even though it doesn't snow much, it was covered in snow and ice, very hazardous for vehicles and people alike. The staff wasn't up the grandeur of the place, they inattentive and uninterested on the guest concerns; specially at the restaurant.
Excellent place that needs at least nice staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Riverp1971
White Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I just got to my room having arrived at 12N. While I can't fault the hotel for not having my room ready when check in is at 3pm, I do expect to get in at 3pm and not after. Once arriving in my room, it started to vibrate - the tables, etc. Engineering came up and told me the hotel laundry is directly below my room. It smells like a laundry too. I cannot believe anyone would stay in a room that is NOISY and VIBRATES. I was in room 414 and am moving.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor
2 Thank BellaClaire429
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear BellaClaire429
We’re very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your review will help us correct similar issues in the future. We hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll consider staying with us again.

Moncks Corner, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Tub, no shower for wheelchair guest. Only ADA compliance was accessible bars. Tub surround was too narrow to sit and shower. Unsafe for a wheelchair confined guest. The quality of the room was very good, just not accessible as requested when reservations were made two months previous. We arrived at 2:20 PM, we notified them two hours before arrival, original king room was not available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple