Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$189
US$171
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$229
US$195
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$226
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$262
US$233
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$164
US$205
US$197
US$183
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$146
Official Hotel
1,629 results
All reviewsfinn porterretreat roomspentagon citycorner roomself parkingdc areashuttle serviceper dayfront desk staffthe room was nicefree shuttlefitness centerreagan airportmetro stopold townconventionvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed several days over spring break. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are a decent size and clean! We had a few snafu's which is why I didn't give this hotel a higher rating.

First after traveling in we checked in and asked for a room on the highest level with a view of DC. When we got to the 29th floor and searched for our room...it didn't exist. We walked up and down the hall thinking we must have missed it and then finally called down to the main desk. They had given us the wrong room number so they sent someone up with a new room key and all was taken care of.

The first thing we noticed was the refrigerator didn't work. I called down to the desk and they sent someone up right away to fix it. The next morning when I got up to take my shower the water was no more than luke warm. I had the shower over as far as it would go and it wouldn't warm up. I complained before leaving that day and compensated my family with breakfast tickets in the restaurant and fixed the shower while we were gone.

Prior to leaving I asked the concierge about local restaurants that serve breakfast and all he could give me was dunkin donuts and pushed for the restaurant in the hotel. We figured out breakfast on our own disappointed that the concierge wouldn't be more knowledgeable.

The next day we had a wonderful and filling "free" breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We were able to buy our passes to the city at the concierge desk and ride the shuttle into DC from the hotel. It was easy and convenient and we didn't have to pay a surcharge to purchase tickets online. By the time we got back to the hotel that night we realized that the refrigerator had died once again and all our food was spoiled. When I complained again they hotel clerk gave us $30 in coupons for the restaurant which doesn't exactly cover breakfast for 4 but was a nice gesture. We also ate in the restaurant for dinner one night which was fantastic. The food and the service were both great.

The views from the room were beautiful although mostly of Alexandria and not as much of DC as we had hoped or asked for.

We took our children to the pool several times and they had a nice experience. Although one time we had to leave as a large crowd of grown drunk men came in and were being very rowdy.

We were very disappointed that the beds didn't adjust in anyway. Most Hilton's or Hampton Inns that I have stayed at have air adjustments on the side of the bed for firmness but these only had one setting...hard.

Even with all the glitches we had a nice time. It was a wonderful family vacation and we loved our time in such a historic area.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can for beautiful night views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I just had an extremely enjoyable weekend at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center. The hotel staff was very professional and pleasant and attended to our needs very efficiently. The room that we stayed in was very spacious and we also had a nice view out of the two walls of windows. The indoor pool was kept very clean, stocked with plenty of towels and was attended by a lifeguard while we were there (we haven't found that in many hotels that we frequent). The restaurant breakfast buffet was stocked with a good selection of food and the service was quite good even though it was fairly busy. Overall, the setting of the hotel enabled us to have a very relaxing weekend away from our busy lives.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria for a recent business trip. I would never stay there again, and have considered swearing off all Hilton hotels. The place is dirty. The room was just so-so, but it was the larger hotel experience that was just atrocious. The hotel booked a HUGE party just prior to three professional conferences. The party got out of control and those of us who were there for conferences were treated to trash strewn everywhere (and not cleaned up in a reasonable time frame) and a permeating smell of vomit throughout the public spaces. People were openly smoking pot in the parking garage. No one seemed to care or take ownership of a situation that was clearly out of control. Management was slow to address the aftermath - damage and filth. When I checked out three days later, the place still reeked and a huge area of the public space was still closed with damage. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HWidener
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear HWidener. Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. . As the General Manager at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, my team and I are working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments showed that we did not achieve that goal. For this, I sincerely apologize. It is very unfortunate that there was some damage to our meeting space prior to your groups arrival. Please know that our guest safety is of great importance to us and is why we did not use room assigned to your group. I am happy to say that there was no permanent damage and it is safe to use at this time. Please know that your experience was not the norm and we are doing everything possible to ensure every guest has a good experience in the future Sincerely Ralph Priesing

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed here in mid March and there was an extremely roudy group of concert goers in the hotel. I was on the 24th floor and had people running and yelling down the hall all night. I then had someone proceed to bang on my door at 1am and then again at 2:45am. As a female staying alone, this commotion was very unnerving. When I reported the situation I was offered a coupon for free breakfast. That was not a satisfactory response. I have stayed at many Hilton hotels but I don't think I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana P

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.

Please know that your experience is not the norm and we work hard to make every guest experiece memorable.

Sincerely
Ralph Priesing

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Solid business hotel. Staff was very pleasant. Rooms were standard business quality. My room was next to the elevator which was easily audible through the wall. I ran the HVAC fan to try and drown it out. Make sure you have a car. There is not much within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business