We pulled up to the hotel and the valet was able to help us right away. We could tell the hotel was extremely busy so we opted to bring in our own luggage for convenience. We were quickly checked in and given a corner room with a king bed on the 28th floor.
Our room was very spacious, modern, and clean. The room offers you lots of storage, a bar area, mini fridge, king bed, desk and chair, lounge chairs, flat screen tv, and a good size bathroom. We also enjoyed a lovely view of Washington D.C. from our room. Our pre-check requests were in our room when we arrived. It's always nice to have extra pillows and towels! The only downfall to this room is that the bed was rather hard and a little uncomfortable to us.
During our stay we did order from Room Service. At first I was a little apprehensive about ordering and having the hotel understand about my dairy allergy. The staff were terrific and checked with the chefs about everything. We enjoyed fried calamari, a burger, and a turkey club sandwich. Later in our stay we received wine and a fruit plate for our anniversary from friends of ours. Again the staff were wonderful delivering it to us and following up with us to make sure we liked everything.
Our room also came with breakfast but we didn't want to leave our dog in the room on his own. Luckily the staff at the restaurant provided us with take away boxes. It was so nice to be able to pick items from the buffet and dine in our room.
From reception to housekeeping to valets the staff were friendly and helpful. We ran into one issue with the valet during our stay. When the hotel is busy everyone is on top of everything but when the hotel is empty I guess that means it's break time. We called down to have our car brought around. We took our time and 10-15 minutes we were in the lobby. Our car was no where to be found and there wasn't anyone at the valet stand. We went outside to wait and near us were two employees chit chatting. I went inside and spoke with the reception staff. She called the valet for me and apparently it was the two chit chatting employees who ignored us standing outside talking about our car . Annoying but just a small hiccup in a very enjoyable stay.
Considering the very nice staff, hotel amenities, and the fact that you are only 10-15 minutes away from all the sights I would definitely recommend a stay at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton