Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
    1,628 results
    All reviewsfinn porterretreat roomspentagon citycorner roomself parkingdc areashuttle serviceper dayfront desk staffthe room was nicefree shuttlefitness centerreagan airportmetro stopold townconventionvalet
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 June 2014

My first stay was over 20 years ago and it was a different brand, 5 years ago I stayed again and it was another brand also, and in both times the hotel was perfect in all meaning but a year ago and last week I stayed there with its current management and I can tell you: I feel sad coz I miss those good old days at this hotel.
    1- Cannot beat the view from any other hotel in the northern Virginia area specially if you are on a higher floor..(32 floors)
    2- Rooms and suites size is large enough and so is the lobby
    3- Hotel needs a major renovation from elevators to carpet to furniture
    4- Staff needs some training in hospitality techniques and mostly in smiling and serving.
    5- Big and nice hotel but only 1 outlet and below average room service menu
    6- Swimming pool is very small and poor equipment in the gym (if I may call it a gym)
    7- Had to wait 3 hours to get into the suite even though it is cleaned and ready but they kept telling me that supervisor has to come to room and complete the check list and sign ok to check in and that took 3 hours!!!
    8- Parking is too expensive for such are though a lot of parking is available and it is not a congested area.
    9- Internet is not free but if you argue a little they will give you a code so I do not see what is the point
    10- Very little amenities in the bathroom and towels are old
    The hotel could be a great place but only if Hilton makes some adjustment there and I would not give it 5 stars based on all the above.
    Location is great and again no other hotel can beat that view in that area.

Room Tip: get a room on a high floor 26-32 floor
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    Reviewed 24 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to others for several reasons, as follows: 1. Location does not allow easy access to area neighborhoods, monuments, or tourist areas. It is a $13 cab ride to King Street Metro/ALX Amtrak Station. 2. Since there is very little do do outside of the hotel (and it's not located near anything), the prices for sundries in the hotel gift shop are excessive. For example, I paid $10 for a small bag of turkey jerky. 3. Although this is a business hotel, there appear to be large numbers of school groups/youth sports teams in residence for nightly stays during the summer months. These youth congregate in the hallways of the hotel floors, go room-to-room, "socializing," slamming doors, etc. I expected better. The one bright spot is the hotel fitness center, which featured excellent treadmills and free weights (although an additional exercise bike or two would have been nice).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
    1  Thank Heath B
    Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations and experience. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests, young and old with the products and services that will exceed your expectations”. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. Please know for the future that we provide shuttle service to Reagan Airport as well as to shops and restaurant in Pentagon City. We also provide seasonal transportation to Alexandria Old Town.
    Again, thank you for sharing your experience and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Sincerely
    Ralph Priesing

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I atayed at the Alexandria Mark for a family reunion. I stayed on a high floor corner king bed. It was amazing. Windows on each side of the room providing an awesome view of the city. The lounge on the 29th floor and the hospility room >>>breathtaking view of Washington DC.
    The gounds are so relaxing and I made sure to take time to view it all > From the towers to the retreat "bungalows"

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny large and the view is amazing
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Denise R
    Reviewed 23 June 2014

I didn't much enjoy my stay. The hotel was fully booked with conventions, symposiums, LARGE teen groups, and reunions the entire time I was there. It was hectic, the pool didn't open until 6pm (just in time for the teenagers to return to the hotel to monopolize it), and the elevators were bogged down (which was a problem when I was tired of climbing 25 flights of stairs). The hotel is also listed as pet-friendly, and it is, but some of the guests are (understandably) NOT pet-friendly... It became increasingly difficult to avoid uncomfortable exchanges since the elevators were in such high demand at all times, and it really wasn't possible for me to take my dogs down/up 25 flights of stairs every time we left the room. I'll chalk that up to the inconvenience of traveling with pets, but the overall experience at the Hilton Mark Center left something to be desired. Chaos.

Room Tip: Higher floors mean a LOOOONG trek up the stairs or an even LOOOONGER wait for the elevator.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Ashley S
    Reviewed 20 June 2014

We pulled up to the hotel and the valet was able to help us right away. We could tell the hotel was extremely busy so we opted to bring in our own luggage for convenience. We were quickly checked in and given a corner room with a king bed on the 28th floor.

Our room was very spacious, modern, and clean. The room offers you lots of storage, a bar area, mini fridge, king bed, desk and chair, lounge chairs, flat screen tv, and a good size bathroom. We also enjoyed a lovely view of Washington D.C. from our room. Our pre-check requests were in our room when we arrived. It's always nice to have extra pillows and towels! The only downfall to this room is that the bed was rather hard and a little uncomfortable to us.

During our stay we did order from Room Service. At first I was a little apprehensive about ordering and having the hotel understand about my dairy allergy. The staff were terrific and checked with the chefs about everything. We enjoyed fried calamari, a burger, and a turkey club sandwich. Later in our stay we received wine and a fruit plate for our anniversary from friends of ours. Again the staff were wonderful delivering it to us and following up with us to make sure we liked everything.

Our room also came with breakfast but we didn't want to leave our dog in the room on his own. Luckily the staff at the restaurant provided us with take away boxes. It was so nice to be able to pick items from the buffet and dine in our room.

From reception to housekeeping to valets the staff were friendly and helpful. We ran into one issue with the valet during our stay. When the hotel is busy everyone is on top of everything but when the hotel is empty I guess that means it's break time. We called down to have our car brought around. We took our time and 10-15 minutes we were in the lobby. Our car was no where to be found and there wasn't anyone at the valet stand. We went outside to wait and near us were two employees chit chatting. I went inside and spoke with the reception staff. She called the valet for me and apparently it was the two chit chatting employees who ignored us standing outside talking about our car . Annoying but just a small hiccup in a very enjoyable stay.

Considering the very nice staff, hotel amenities, and the fact that you are only 10-15 minutes away from all the sights I would definitely recommend a stay at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple