“Amazing Staff and Hotel”

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Visalia
“Amazing Staff and Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for Peace Officer's Memorial week. It was a very busy time for the staff and they were great! Our room was nice and clean. Thank You to everyone who made our stay wonderful under such a stressful and sad week as we said goodbye to our fallen brothers and sisters.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Del Mar, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is quite nice and offers wonderful views of the DC and surrounds. Not as convenient as the downtown hotels but it's a little away from the hustle and bustle while remaining readily accessible via metro or car.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

charlotte, nc
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Always stay at Hiltons - but I misread the ad & booked the Retreat room - which one would assume was more spa like - not so - this building is is the back of the big one with the views - the lake view is basically overgrown vegetation - I asked the front desk to be moved to the other building so that my girls could have a nice view of DC and they said they were all booked due to a convention - yet you could go online & book a room in the main hotel - so I just don't think they wanted to be bothered. Was disappointed with the customer service - but I know the booking was my mistake but as much as we stay here, I would have hoped for a little better service.

Room Tip: Retreat room - no views at all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cateringlady
Madison, WI
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just spent 1 night here. It was a very good property. I upgraded to a corner King room in the tower. They put me on the 24th floor and the views were amazing! The room itself was one of the best appointed, clean rooms I've had in a few weeks.

I took advantage of them having Finn and Porter as their property restaurant (Love Finn and Porter in Hilton Austin) and order sushi through room service. Very Good.

Slept very well on a great bed with wonderful sheets.

Had a busy morning so I ordered breakfast through room service. I had a tight schedule so I requested delivery within a 15 minute window and low and behold it arrived in that window. Just a testament to the level of service I experienced everywhere with this property.

When business brings me near DCA again, I'll definitely be here.

My only disappointment is no Executive Lounge. I spend 44 weeks in hotels and really enjoy that perk in many Hiltons.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Views are awesome.
1 Thank Darren K
Mount Prospect, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business one night. It was just OK. When I first walked in I was impressed, as the lobby was big, very clean. I also ate at the restaurant Finn & porter which I thought was delicious. I was given a handicap room since the hotel was booked which was fine. The room was just ok, probably more like two stars but the lobby bumped my review to three. One of the bed sheets had stains in it but I was too tired to call someone so i slept in the other bed. I felt that the rooms could have been nicer but the details were very overlooked. The bathtub area had mildew and was icky. The shower was very strange and it only gave a few streams of water but that may be because it was handicap accessible. I couldn't really figure out the air conditioning and honestly not sure if I wanted to because the ceiling vents were so dusty. The shower curtain was gross. If this room was on hotel impossible, Anthony would have tore it apart. Overall, for one night it was OK, but I wouldn't stay here for more than that. Oh I Will add that I used the fitness center and that was fine, had a complimentary breakfast and that was also fine. That's the thing, everything was just OK but the rooms definitely need some work.

• Stayed June 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My first stay was over 20 years ago and it was a different brand, 5 years ago I stayed again and it was another brand also, and in both times the hotel was perfect in all meaning but a year ago and last week I stayed there with its current management and I can tell you: I feel sad coz I miss those good old days at this hotel.
1- Cannot beat the view from any other hotel in the northern Virginia area specially if you are on a higher floor..(32 floors)
2- Rooms and suites size is large enough and so is the lobby
3- Hotel needs a major renovation from elevators to carpet to furniture
4- Staff needs some training in hospitality techniques and mostly in smiling and serving.
5- Big and nice hotel but only 1 outlet and below average room service menu
6- Swimming pool is very small and poor equipment in the gym (if I may call it a gym)
7- Had to wait 3 hours to get into the suite even though it is cleaned and ready but they kept telling me that supervisor has to come to room and complete the check list and sign ok to check in and that took 3 hours!!!
8- Parking is too expensive for such are though a lot of parking is available and it is not a congested area.
9- Internet is not free but if you argue a little they will give you a code so I do not see what is the point
10- Very little amenities in the bathroom and towels are old
The hotel could be a great place but only if Hilton makes some adjustment there and I would not give it 5 stars based on all the above.
Location is great and again no other hotel can beat that view in that area.

Room Tip: get a room on a high floor 26-32 floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Newport, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to others for several reasons, as follows: 1. Location does not allow easy access to area neighborhoods, monuments, or tourist areas. It is a $13 cab ride to King Street Metro/ALX Amtrak Station. 2. Since there is very little do do outside of the hotel (and it's not located near anything), the prices for sundries in the hotel gift shop are excessive. For example, I paid $10 for a small bag of turkey jerky. 3. Although this is a business hotel, there appear to be large numbers of school groups/youth sports teams in residence for nightly stays during the summer months. These youth congregate in the hallways of the hotel floors, go room-to-room, "socializing," slamming doors, etc. I expected better. The one bright spot is the hotel fitness center, which featured excellent treadmills and free weights (although an additional exercise bike or two would have been nice).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Heath B
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations and experience. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests, young and old with the products and services that will exceed your expectations”. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. Please know for the future that we provide shuttle service to Reagan Airport as well as to shops and restaurant in Pentagon City. We also provide seasonal transportation to Alexandria Old Town.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Sincerely