“Not a great place”

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to a work location. After staying for a week I am disappointed that this is my only option -- especially since I will need to stay in this area for the next six months. The hotel is clean but outdated -- everything looks old and worn. EVERY time I've gone to the fitness center every single machine is in use. One morning I went twice. This is not good when you want to work out on the road but have a limited schedule - there should be enough fitness space to accommodate a giant hotel -- the area is the same size as a Hampton Inn off the interstate -- this hotel is likely 10 time that size... I am seriously considering staying at another hotel within driving distance to avoid having to stay here for the coming months of work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for two nights in this hotel. Hotel was ok and the room was clean and on basic condition. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was better than average.

The hotel is a good place to have a rest after busy sightseeing day in DC.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jarkko17
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiance and I wanted to stay at a nice hotel with a room that had a whirlpool. We could not think of a better place than a Hilton. The hotel check in time was 3pm, we arrived to check in at 4pm. The supervisor told my fiance to come back in about 15 mins because they were going to check and make sure that the room was all cleaned. We went back 15 minutes later and the gentleman said that the room was not cleaned and that it would take about 45 minutes. He said that we could move to the main building, but we did not want to since we picked this hotel FOR THE WHIRLPOOL. We went down the street to CVS and came back and we were compensated with free wifi (ridiculous you have to pay for it in the first place) and breakfast. The next morning around 8:45, somebody tried to come in our room! IF WE DID NOT HAVE THE SWITCH LOCK ON THEY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN! I'm assuming it was a housekeeper, but being I've worked in a hotel before they are supposed to knock and announce themselves before entering a room! It happened another time after that! We were going to go out on our patio later that morning and there was a dirty sock and ripped up trash everywhere. THEN, OF ALL THINGS OUR WHIRL POOL WOULD NOT WORK! THE MAIN REASON WE STAYED. The showerhead also does not stay in one place and squirts water everywhere. When we went to check out we informed the front desk agent about everything and you could just tell she really didn't care...she gave us back parking since we went through a third party....didn't feel like we were treated well by anyone besides the waiter in the restaurant. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor H
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Taylor H
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I are working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed our guest expectations. Your comments showed that we did not achieve that goal. For this, I sincerely apologize.
Please know that your experience was not the norm and we have many happy and satisfied guests every week.

Please know we value your business and hope you will give us an oppertunity in the future

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Was there this week for state baseball tournament I had money stolen from out the room . MOD gave me the run around with their security who had to call his manager who was very rude so I had to call the police myself. Never trust no housekeepers they steal!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 3ha
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear 3ha
Thank you for sharing your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us.

sincerely

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The good: Beautiful hotel, nice, comfortable bed, good breakfast, close to DC The bad: Long waits at elevator; water issues (i.e. no way to take shower for 24 hours); allow smoking at main entrance so you have to walk through smoke into hotel; secret smokers in the stairwell

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Family of 4 and pet was our reservation. When we arrived at hotel we were put on the 21st floor with one bed. Room service was bad. no microwave and refregerator was broke. poor management. Elevators were a nightmare. Waited over 20-60 mins for the doors to open. Not safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Amy B
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear AMY B
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel to stay. I've stayed there twice in a row, great staff, very organized, no issues at all. It is a big hotel, but it has a staff that can manage it. The breakfast is excellent (I wish all Hilton's followed their standard). If you are in Alexandria driving, thats a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014