“Older hotel, but the service is extraordinary” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
San Antonio, Texas
“Older hotel, but the service is extraordinary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

As locals from Northern Virginia, we booked this hotel as it was close to an event we were attending this past weekend even though we live in the area. I was pleased to see the area that this hotel was in, close to Old Town Alexandria but not too close to DC to be in a sketchy neighborhood. Our check in and parking were effortless and all of the hotel workers, from the valet to the front desk staff were very helpful and seemed to enjoy where they were working.

The hotel's rooms, are somewhat dated, but you can tell at one point in time this hotel was the cream of the crop. I'm not complaining, as the beds were soft, but the TVs were not flatscreens, and the minibar looked like something out of the early 80s. The toilet ran for about 2-3 minutes after each flush, and the telephone didn't work in our room, even though it was plugged in. The elevators were running slow, but as i was here on a leisurely trip, it really didn't matter. May be something to consider though if you are coming here on a conference and you need to get down quickly from the 30th floor to a meeting... One other note, this hotel was extremely QUIET. I'm sure it was not full at all, but I heard nothing in our room.

Try the bar at Finn & Porters - we had excellent service from our waiter, Prince, who was kind enough to put together a take-to-our-room package of the excellent food at the restaurant (vs. ordering room service). We also had wonderful service from Eric at the breakfast buffet.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again for the rates they gave us and proximity to Northern Virginia sites.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thanks for the kind words about Prince, Eric and Finn & Porter - I know it will mean a lot to them that they favorably impacted your stay.

Charlie Banta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Spouse and I had a long weekend planned for sightseeing in DC and some evening romance. We chose this hotel based on the reviews and expedia special rate we were able to get. We were not disappointed! Beginning with check-in (late, I might add) we were upgraded to a corner room on the 20th floor. View was fabulous and room was all about the details. The shuttle to the Metro was timely, and the driver's were great. Had dinner at Finn & Porter one evening -- salads were very tasty, but sushi was a miss; rice and nori was dry and too sticky; sushi tasted old. (We are sushi lovers, living in HI for the past 12 yrs). All in all -- even the sushi experience aside -- our stay gets an A+. We'll be booking here agin on our next trip.
If I had to fault this stay it is that WIFI is not free. What's up with that???? $9.95 a day??? Shame on you, HIlton!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. I was sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the sushi, which is usually a guest favorite - I've shared your comments with our culinary team.

Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

The service is excellent! I love the help and the attention I receive when I travel to the Mark Center Hilton. The bar tender, Paul, remembers me and the Sushi is really yummie. I recommend this Hotel as a great place to stay with easy access to downtown D.C., old town Alexandria, Crystal City and Georgetown. I particularly like the retreat area. It is quite and very relaxed. Do stay there if you get a chance. They do have a shuttle that runs you to the Metro and old town Alexandria. They drop you near the old Masonic Temple. That's a "great see", as well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thanks for the kind words about Paul and Finn & Porter - I know it will mean a lot to him that he favorably impacted your stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel receptionist was really cheerful and made me feel like I was a relative staying over for the weekend. She used my name and really welcomed me. Everybody was really helpful. I read that the elevator takes too long to come. But I stayed on the 26th floor as I recall and I never had to wait longer than three minutes for an elevator. I had a great time!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 3 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words about our staff - it means a lot to them to know that they are making a positive impact on our guests' stays.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We really loved this hotel, so did our doggie :) No Complaints at all!! the price it was a steal....will definetly use on all future trips to D.C area... (Which is quite often in the football season :))

• 5 of 5 bubbles
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, 27 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you and your pet had an enjoyable stay.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff was so helpful from our bellhop Justin , the excellent room service delivered our breakfast and dinner timely, hot and delicious. I was concerned when our room was across from the elevators but it was very quiet and we heard no hall notice at all. It is a beautiful hotel and our room was very clean. We pleasantly surprised with the free shuttle service to the metro station every half hour! Can't wait to go back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Than you for the kind words about Justin and our Room Service team - they love to hear that their service had a positive impact on a guests' stay.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I loved this hotel. It was clean, modern and well-maintained. The beds were extremely comfortable and the sheets were crisp and clean. Though not right in DC, the hotel was an excellent value for the money.

The lobby is very inviting and ended up being a great hang out spot, complete with a bar, chairs and tvs. There's also a great pool outside and a patio with more benches, tables, etc. and some great work space for getting online or studying/working on business projects, etc.

I was here for work and attended part of the Animal Rights Conference that was going on that weekend, and have to say the hotel made the best vegan food I have ever eaten. I have never been so thoroughly impressed by a display of 100% vegan food. My only complaint is that the in-house restaurant did not offer any vegan options, and very few vegetarian options.

I have traveled all over the world, and travel frequently for business, and this was, by far, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelAdviceNewYork
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel during the Animal Rights Conference. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words about our Vegan menus during the conference; our Chef and Culinary Team really enjoy creating menus that meet the specific needs of our groups, and they will be excited to read your review.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon.