“Consistently excellent meals!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A la Lucia

A la Lucia
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently excellent meals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have long been fans of this gem of a restaurant, north of historic Old Town Alexandria, but well worth going off the beaten path! They are so very good, they've had to expand their space twice to accommodate the many requests for reservations! Although it is more on the upscale side, the staff is down to earth & very friendly, creating an atmosphere that is very homey!
Easy to find street parking - a big advantage over the more crowded historic district! I love the veal parmigiana - very generous sized plate. Every night, they have an extensive 3 course menu for $35 - & on Monday nights, bottles of wine is always 25% off!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mariava51

Alexandria, VA
“Great little gem in Alexandria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I usually go once a week to A la Lucia. There is an excellent selection of wines. A friendly comfortable atmosphere! The food is fresh and tasty. I love the specials, especially any fresh pasta

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Princessmic
Okinawa, Japan
“It's all in the details!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I'm writing this review not so much because of the food (which was pretty good - not memorable, but good), but because of our waitress. I wish I could remember her name (she was blonde)! I wanted hot chocolate, but she said they didn't offer it. I said that was fine and ordered coffee instead. When she returned, she handed me a piping hot, frothy hot chocolate. She responded to my confused look with, "I love hot chocolate too and drink it on breaks, so I brought you some from my personal stash."

It was so sweet and unnecessarily considerate! I just thought everyone should know. :)

1 Thank Pamela J
Brooklyn, New York
“Rang in the New Year here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Fabulous last minute find! Everything from the staff's handling of our changing reservation, the warm neighborhood "they know your name" kind of place to the fabulous, great value, three course New Year's menu, was coordinated perfection. We loved our rockfish and shaved fennel, salmon over spinach and tomatoes, mussels and to-die-for coffee panna cotta for dessert. We'll certainly be back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

On special occasions we have the three course dinner here, and it is always fabulous! On regular visits, I'm more likely to have a salad and appetizer, and I've always been very happy with the choice. The fresh pastas are always delicious, and the gelato is wonderful.