“Great location, good service”

Bike and Roll Alexandria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From our Alexandria location, we offer two amazing full day adventures to George Washington's Mount Vernon. "Mount Vernon by Bike and Boat" includes: bike rental, helmet, lock, Mount Vernon admission, bike pick-up from Mount Vernon, and Potomac Riverboat Co. ticket back to Old Town Alexandria. "Mount Vernon by Bike" includes full day bike rental, helmet, lock and Mount Vernon admission; bike both ways. 24 hour advance reservation required.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Scored a GroupOn deal for 1/2 off a day bike rental for 2. Went on Memorial Day and had no problem renting a bike. Just signed the waiver and they had a comfort bike waiting and ready to go. Location is right next to the water in Old Town - great starting point to go around Alexandria. We biked west to Port City Brewery. Only reason I say 4 instead of 5 stars is the bike I was on had some difficulty shifting gears; otherwise, was very pleased.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We did the bike/boat combination to Mount Vernon and it was great. They are very customer service oriented with information, directions etc. We had planned to bike both ways but when we saw this option we gave it a try. Glad we did!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I looked online for the best deal and I liked what Bike & Roll had to offer. I called them to test their customer service skills. I liked what I heard. They were very accommodating. They are located in the perfect part of town. Leslie and company gave me good directions and made me feel good about my choice. I was pleased to know that they had outlets in other cities. I do this a lot and I'll make them my number one choice.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We called Saturday morning at the last minute and were very graciously accommodated with a late reservation. The bikes we rented were in great shape; comfortable and easy to ride. With the exception of the challenges of a hot, humid day and a few steep hills near Mount Vernon the bike ride was scenic, relaxing and smooth. The nine mile trail is quite busy with bikers and joggers as well as with park rangers along the way. Take something to drink and a snack......or even a lunch as there are several picnic spots.
Allow at least an hour for your bike ride and a minimum of 2 or 3 hours to view Mount Vernon.
Afterwards, we relaxed at the wharf and enjoyed the shade, a cool drink and a wonderful breeze as we waited for the 4:00 boat departure.
The boat tour was narrated by Captain and Crew with interesting and off beat historical tidbits as well as information about the Potomac Waterway.
We arrived in Alexandra around 5:15 after a brief stop at National Harbor.
I would recommend this tour as a wonderful way to combine a scenic bike ride, boat trip and not-to-be missed tour of Mount Vernon. It really takes a full day to do it justice, but well worth the time and money.

5  Thank Soggydollars
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had a Groupon for 2 all-day comfort hybrid rentals. The bicycles perform well on the Mount Vernon Trail, where the occasional crack and wooden bridge can make for a bumpy ride. They provide you with helmets (highly recommended) and U-locks (great if you want to stop by the monuments and walk around). Picking up and dropping the bicycles off was a breeze. Will definitely rent bicycles from them in the future.