We live about 4 hours from Mt. Vernon, so we could travel in the morning and still visit Mt Vernon in the afternoon. This Hampton was quite close to Mt. Vernon. We were also close enough to Old Alexandria to be able to spend the evening there. Between this Hampton and old Alexandria were numerous places to eat and shop. We were also close enough to be able to park at the subway station and take the subway into Washingotn DC the next day. The young lady in charge of the breakfast area was quite nice and very accomodating. She even went in the back to get me a different banana when she noticed those she was putting out were spotted. The breakfast was quite adequate and good. We appreciated having the mini frig in the room as we were able to have cold drinks and snacks during our trip as well as on our return trip home. The hotel is only several years old so things were in good shape. I did not like the ill- fitting toilet seat; it was too small for the circumference of the toilet bowl and slid from side to side! We also had an issue with the housekeeping staff near check out time. As we packed our car, we kept the Do Not Distrurb sign on the door. Our son remained behind in the room as he finished getting ready to leave. Even before the appointed check out time of 11:00, a housekeeper barged into the room without even so much as a knock. She totally startled my son who was luckily dressed by then. It was only 10:45, we had asked for an extended check out time which was until noon, and we had the Do Not Distrub sign on the door so this was a bit upsetting to us. We did quietly report this incident to the front desk. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay at this Hampton location. I would recommend it as long as you have a vehicle with which to get around the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Belvoir Alexandria South hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Belvoir Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South