“A Great Place to Stay When Visiting Mt. Vernon”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Belvoir Alexandria South
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We live about 4 hours from Mt. Vernon, so we could travel in the morning and still visit Mt Vernon in the afternoon. This Hampton was quite close to Mt. Vernon. We were also close enough to Old Alexandria to be able to spend the evening there. Between this Hampton and old Alexandria were numerous places to eat and shop. We were also close enough to be able to park at the subway station and take the subway into Washingotn DC the next day. The young lady in charge of the breakfast area was quite nice and very accomodating. She even went in the back to get me a different banana when she noticed those she was putting out were spotted. The breakfast was quite adequate and good. We appreciated having the mini frig in the room as we were able to have cold drinks and snacks during our trip as well as on our return trip home. The hotel is only several years old so things were in good shape. I did not like the ill- fitting toilet seat; it was too small for the circumference of the toilet bowl and slid from side to side! We also had an issue with the housekeeping staff near check out time. As we packed our car, we kept the Do Not Distrurb sign on the door. Our son remained behind in the room as he finished getting ready to leave. Even before the appointed check out time of 11:00, a housekeeper barged into the room without even so much as a knock. She totally startled my son who was luckily dressed by then. It was only 10:45, we had asked for an extended check out time which was until noon, and we had the Do Not Distrub sign on the door so this was a bit upsetting to us. We did quietly report this incident to the front desk. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay at this Hampton location. I would recommend it as long as you have a vehicle with which to get around the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank PensandSteelersFan
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Belvoir Alexandria South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

i stayed at the Hampton Inn Fort Belvoir area in August for 2 nights. The staff at check in were sufficient and friendly. Exceptional easy check in was provided. The rooms were large with simple decor as well as the bathroom. The room consisted of a microwave and fridge which was convenient. The hotel has a laundry room, indoor pool and fitness center. The business center located in the lobby as well as a lounge. Free parking also. The hotel is truly home away from home and would recommend. I will definatly return.

Room Tip: any room is a great room. there's not much of a view except of Richmond highway
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very nice hotel and friendly staff. great location very convinient. Would return.

Room Tip: found out that there's fitness room, laundry, and inside pool on 2nd floor so i guess its the be...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2011

We got very lost on our way to the hotel. We rang and the gentleman at reception was really helpful. When we arrived, he also helped us order a pizza delivery directly to our room. The next day they helped us find Mount Vernon.

The room was big and the beds were comfortable; the complementary breakfast was good quality.

Old Town Alexandria was easily accessible from the hotel and was a great final location for our wonderful holiday around Washington.

For all the good things we can say about the hotel - and there are many - it is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff that really made the difference with this hotel. They were all great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is new and in good shape. Just a few issues I had included the loud air conditioner unit which woke me up almost every time it cycled on. Also the exhaust in the bathroom did not work so had a steamed up mirror for awhile. Another issue is the pool hours. During the week the pool is only open from 5-9 pm. On the weekends the hours are better, 11am-9pm. I guess they can't get a lifeguard to work during the week. Fairfax County requires lifeguards at all public pools. Other than these issues, the breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. There are no restaurants within walking distance but not far by car. There is a 7-11 around the corner from the hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I spent one night in order to get an early visit to Mt. Vernon the next day. Although we only spent one night, it was a pleasure to spend this night in a brand new Hampton Inn.

1  Thank gwj4503

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We just got home from a wonderful trip to this Hampton Inn. We enjoyed everything about it. The location is perfect, just a short drive from the D.C. attractions and around the corner from Mt. Vernon. The desk attendants were kind, helpful, and informative. Our suite was spacious, with plenty of room for our family. The room was clean. The breakfast was excellent and got us off to a great start for a day of sightseeing. Those serving the meal were very kind. They even have a lifeguard at the indoor pool, something I have not seen before.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sofabed are very nice and spacious for a family.
1  Thank rebeccabear1