Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, United States
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We enjoyed not only the free breakfast, the room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was exceptionally helpful, also the pool area was very well maintained and monitored, will definitely give another Hampton Inn a try

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Micheal R,

Thank you for ranking our accommodations and staff service 5 stars during your recent trip to Alexandria, VA. Our team takes pride in providing each guest with a memorable experience and I'm delighted they were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Tracey Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was looking forward to spending a relaxing 3 nights at this hotel. For the price i got $295 it exceeded my expectations. My children loved the pool. My husband loved the comfortable bed. I must admit the sheets gave off a delicate fragrance. I have never stayed at a hotel where the sheets smelled so good.

The breakfast on all 3 days was delicious. They have everything for the whole family. Bacon and eggs, orange juice, coffee, waffles, you name it. To top off the staff was very welcoming and hospitable.

Room Tip: Excellent location off of Jefferson Davis highway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy A
Dear Wendy A,

Thank you for sending in a tripadvisor review sorry it took me so long to respond. I want to Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your genuine words about our staff members. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests has a positive experience every time they choose to stay with us and I am happy to know that you and your family did. Thanks again for the feedback we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Kind regards, Tracey
North Charleston, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Overall, I was satisfied with the appearance of the hotel. The room seemed to be clean. I was a little worried when I found a stick of deodorant and a package of soy sauce on the side of the bed. I had just checked in. The guest before me must have left them there. I guess that this room was not vacuumed.

1 Thank Louis L
Louis L,

Thank you for telling us about your experience and I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this opportunity up to me which allows us to follow up with our housekeeping department so that tour future guests are taken care of. We look forward to having you visit us again.

SPRINGDALE,MD.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked 14 rooms for the Armed Forces Women Basketball Team, they played teams @ Fort Belvoir. The rooms was very nice and clean and the staff was great. April Washington was very helpful she was able to take care of my group with just a one day notice and did a very good accomodating my group.

1 Thank RICHARD T
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, 23 September 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.

Lowry Crossing, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Staff was very accommodating. Location is very close to Ft. Belvoir and the hospital there. Coffee is available at reception twenty four hours a day. Breakfast was a nice selection and several coffee/tea, juice, milk choices. The room was very comfortable and clean. I cannot say enough about how much all the staff top to bottom were helpful and ready to please us. I will defiantly return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gibb M,

It was wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and I am so glad you found our hotel convenient to Fort Belvoir. If there is anything we can ever do to assist you when you visit us again, please let us know and it will be our pleasure to take care of you again.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great hotel for those who are looking to stay near Ft. Belvoir or Mt. Vernon. Recently refurbished the carpets, grass cloth, and other appointments gleam (though the doors are white, and they should consequently be wiped down (kind of grimy in places)). The staff is very well trained and friendly. Overall, quit a nice place if business or sightseeing happens to take you in this direction. It is a little far, though, for DC sightseeing, given current traffic conditions.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem better to me.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A quick note to acknowledge an amazing arrival experience at one of your properties, Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria/Ft. Belvior. On May 27, 2014 after a bad day of travel, cancellations, delays and insufferable traffic. At 7:00pm I arrived at this property, with little more on my mind than collapsing on my wonderful Hilton bed.

When the automatic doors opened, 2 women at the front desk (Tolondra and Maria) each greeted me, despite Maria already being engaged with another guest. Greeted with smiles and sincere welcomes, the check in was quick and efficient without feeling at all rushed, and it was professional without being sterile. I was recognized as a Diamond member and sincerely thanked for my loyalty, it was first time it ever felt remotely heartfelt. I was also told about the property, breakfast times, pool hours, fitness center location, and offered choice of snack or points.

One could say these ladies “just did their jobs” or “checked all the boxes” but it was much more than that, they truly tried to exceed the average guest experience. I travel the world for work and choose Hilton properties when possible, and despite a common belief that “the Hotel Experience” is better abroad, that may be so in general, but no arrival (Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Singapore) surpassed this one. I don’t know what the remainder of my 2 day stay will be like, but I will stay at this property again based solely on the best arrival experience.. ever.

Room Tip: Higher South end rooms have less airplane noise.
1 Thank seal5kla