“Loud tour groups”

Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Loud tour groups”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Not an easy walk from the Metro, but a shuttle is offered, only until 8 pm. Decent breakfast. Thin walls. Noisy kids next door. The front desk did at least temporarily quiet them down when asked to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Travel_guy815,

irst of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place was a HOME AWAY FROM HOME for me...Im not from the area and I stayed three nights, I didnt know my way around...the staff at this hotel were more then helpful...they talked with me several times on my cell when I got lost in the city...GREAT! The rooms were good and room service was Great!...I picked this hotel in Va because I stayed at another Holiday Inn Express in FL and it was good and the reviews for both hotels were GOOD,so I tried this Holiday Inn in Va and it was a good choice .I booked this trip online and there was a problem with my room when I got here, so the GM at this site UPGRADED my room to a KING with whrilpool! WOW, NICE!!! Over all good hotel and service....I would and i am going to stay again...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Pleasedwithstay_5227
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This place was super nice. Customer service was excellent, hotel was clean, breakfast was fresh and had a good selection. The rooms were big and the cleaning service did great on freshing things up. Featured services that are free: laundry, workout room access, jaccuzzi, breakfast, and internet. I reserved the room through priceline at the rate of $74 on the weekends and $104 weeknights. Metro train station is about a 5 minute drive down the road and honestly the best way to get around downtown washington,dc. Free parking weekends and holidays. Train tickets $9 for an all day pass. Hotel is also close to "old town" where we had amazing "all you can eat breakfast"(weekends only) at a place called Royal Resturant. $11.50. Lots of shopping but limited parking.
Enjoy your stay in virginia/washington. If your driving like we did from iowa or the midwest area we would advise taking a "no toll roads" route, otherwise you will paying about $50 one way.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank iowatravelers218
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was visiting my son and his family in Alexandria, and wanted a newer, clean hotel close to my son. This hotel was clean and met all my needs. They have a shuttle to the Huntington Metro which was great for me since my son lives one block form Huntington. Both shuttle drivers were very courteous, and Fred took me right to my son's front door which was an enormous help to me. He was extremely polite and helpful. I appreciate his help with my luggage also. I would definitely stay there again.
Note: I was in room 100 at first which is extremely isolated and decided to change rooms which was very easy to do.

Room Tip: Just avoid 100 unless you want to be isolated.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bronwyn4
Trumansburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We went to DC during the week between Christmas and New Years, and wanted a inexpensive and convenient hotel - we found one.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The parking was free and they provided a free shuttle to the train station. We decided to drive in and found parking for $13 for the day which was cheaper than the 3 of us taking the train in. The drive was only 20 mins. during morning rush hour.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank biltonen
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed last weekend at this hotel for a sports event. The staff was very nice. The room was nice and clean. The water pressure in the shower was good too. The breakfast bar was very nice with a good variety of sausage, eggs, yogurt and pancakes made on demand on a conveyor belt.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor. I would recommend a room that is numbered lower such as 1-10 as you will...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NavyWifeJapan
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

The shuttle drivers are timely and friendly. Fred is the best. Always has a smile and opens the doors. Most convenient hotel to the metro without being downtown. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business