After cancelled flights and being re-routed to DC from Philadelphia and then trying to find a hotel with the help of a friendly local we thought this is where we would be staying. Lo and behold when we arrived at 1:30 am 29th June after almost 24 hours traveling the receptionist claimed she had no booking for us and they had not taken any since 7pm the previous evening. This was despite us having a confirmation number. The receptionist was in training and hadn't a clue how to even use the switchboard telephone to call central reservations and confirm the booking number we had been given. Nor was she very helpful when we asked if there was any where else locally she know of that had availability. Even when the person who had been training her eventually turned up it made little difference he was just the same - clueless. While the hotel appeared well maintained and fairly new this did not help me. I fully intend to pursue this matter with holiday inn group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria