“Great Hotel Accomedations”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My Mom and I stayed at this hotel Sept 22-Sept 28, 2013, during our trip to Washington DC. The room and bathroom was very clean and comfortable. Carmen the day manager was so helpful and friendly, she remembered us each day when we left thru the lobby and always had a smile on her face. Phil the night manager was great too. The breakfast staff kept the dining area cleaned and stocked. (We loved the cinnamon rolls--where do they come from?). Asmon (sp) the shuttle driver was so sweet. Fred the day shuttle driver was fantastic. The price was very reasonable esp comparied to the other Alexandria/Washington DC hotels. We took the metrorail into the city everyday, but drove in one night for a nighttime tour (it would be helpful to have printed maps for visitors needing to drive into the city or Old Alexandria).

Room Tip: The swimming pool is at the sister hotel next door. The AC unit was louder on the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Donna W

Thanks for the wonderful review. We have printed out some directions and maps ready for you the next time you stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us in Alexandria.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My hotel stay was pleasant. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times because I have business meetings in the area. We live in Honolulu, Hawaii and after a long flight across the country, I look forward to checking into this hotel. What I like about our stay is that the room is spacious, comfortable and clean. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. We also took the shuttle several times to the airport so we pick up the Metro train ride to Washington, D.C. What we also like is that the hotel is right across the street from a supermarket, which is so convenient to pick up any items. The bed was very comfortable. The staff is very helpful, especially William in restaurant. Our room was a suite which also included a refrigerator and a microwave. The cost was reasonable. Overall, I like this hotel, had a pretty good experience and plan on staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Corner suites seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the bed ;) Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel so I was expecting it to be a good hotel. We were disappointed in this hotel as our room had no microwave or safe and the bed was uncomfortable and the bottom sheet had fuzz balls on it. The room had a funny smell when we walked in but it was clean. The breakfast was not good very poor choices. We have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express but this one missed the mark for us. For the price we payed one hundred and forty dollars I did not think it was good value. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressAlx, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That’s our goal. We will address the issues that were mentioned in your response.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future here at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria.

Paul Reyes
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2013

In late July and early Aug we spent four days at the Holiday Inn in Alexandria. All the staff was pleasant and helpful. Special clap for Aesmorom, (driver) and Nancy (breakfast staff) The manager was very polite to customers and staff. Great Job. We will be back.

Wendy Robinson

Room Tip: We stayed by the hot tub and as we did use it that was a great room for us.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hello from the States, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed for business last week and had a phenomenal stay! Upon check-in I was greeted by Carmen and her incredible smile at the front desk. This smile was consistent throughout my week's stay and was always delightful. General Manager Amanda & Front Office Manager Paul checked me into my room and were efficient and welcoming. I stayed in a beautiful room that was well lit, clean, spacious, and I loved that each lamp has an outlet directly on the base. Phillip was kind enough to make some great dinner recommendations and also had the same warm and welcome smile as the entire staff. I was greeted each morning at breakfast by Nancy who where I enjoyed a complete breakfast of cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HotelDiva816

It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. The staff says "Hello". We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Washington D.C.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This well-located hotel delivers: clean, efficient, everything above average. And isn't that a good thing about Holiday Inn Express? They may never be a Gaylord but they are never a dump either, which one cannot say about Best Western's which run the gamut.

While I can't remember a single person and while no attributes jumps out, it was an excellent stop along the way.

Room Tip: Your GPS may put you on the wrong side of the street as ours did and so we drove right by it the fir...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

McBible

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. We appreciate your comments and hope the next time you are in Alexandria, you will come see us.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Great well maintained hotel and the staff is always courteous and helpful.
Nancy kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked, and always tries to accommodate guests.
Hotel maintenance man David and shuttle driver Fred were professional and energetic.
All the staff are focused are customer service and that's refreshing!

• Stayed: July 2013