“Neighborhood go to”

Sapore D'Italia
Ranked #392 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a small neighborhood spot in the Del Ray section of Alexandria. I like to drop in for pizza or pasta. Oscar will make sure the pizza crust is extra crispy or the pasta has extra garlic. Bar and wine list is small, but adequate for a casual bite. Patio is nice on warmer days! Casual spot worth a drop in.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Our kitchen is being remodeled so we've been eating out a lot. We've been eating here almost every night lately. And why not? The food is really great! Dinner for two $50 Sun-Wed plus a bottle of wine! Great service too!

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had a Groupon to use the place, and the waiter was....well, let's say, very busy. The place for a Wednesday night was busy. It looked mostly like neighborhood traffic and this should tell you something. The food was served fresh and it was tasty, and the wine list is not big but you can find a decent red wine to go with your dinner.
Besides dining in, there was a pretty steady stream of carry out, and again, the food is the reason.
The only problem we had was the service was slow as there was only one waiter but I'd go back and have dinner again there.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We arrived around 6:00 pm and were seated immediately. That's about all that I can say and be positive. The server was barely civil and slow hardly describes the service; the dinner salad arrived before the appetizer, the sauce was without seasoning and other people came in after we did and left before, I'm hard pressed to understand why it was such a bad experience (unless it was Groupon related) - but it was terrible and I won't go back.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I went there for date night last night. The food was delicious! Homemade pasta and special touches of originality. House salad had fruit in it which lent to a sweet savory combination. They had a drink special of Cider Sangria and it was a wonderful fall concoction that I plan on trying to replicate....We used a groupon and I'm not sure where our extras other than our drinks added up from....but we had such a nice time we decided not to inquire..The canoli was very good. We will try the cheesecake or tiramisu at another time...