“Top-notch service”

PHO BOWL
Ranked #253 of 766 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I ordered a takeout lunch combo. During my brief wait (it was ready much sooner than I expected), the staff brought me a complementary pot of tea, and a newspaper to read. That kind of service is nearly unheard of!

And when it comes to pho, they seem to know what they're doing. Very tasty.

There are newer reviews for PHO BOWL

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have been to this establishment on and off for years and have had varying experiences - good and bad. In the end, I will be fair and score them an average for majority of the categories, but based on what I just described, they are not consistent. My recent experiences have been good, but in general I have a gripe about the portions and prices of most Pho restaurants as of late. It seems like the small bowls have taken the place of large bowl portions while the prices have increased. I don't understand this since the common Pho ingredients are not prime meats; eye round, brisket, tendons, tripe, etc.
Now for the food - good selections/choices, not only having Pho, but rice and noodle dishes. Egg/Spring rolls are tasty.
Service was shaky at best when I first started going, but I always give places a second or third chance and they certainly have improved and can say they are better than the average Pho place I'm this category. I would recommend this place is you are looking for Pho and you are close, not a place I would drive out of my way and look for.