“Gyrwonderous”

Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 766 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eisenhower Ave.
Transit: Delia's is located across the street from the Eisenhower Ave. Metro station on the Metro's Yellow Line.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Went here for a Sunday evening dinner that was close to our hotel which was the Westin. Had the Gyro which was very good. Very pleasant service in a comfortable atmosphere all at a reasonable price. Would go again.

There are newer reviews for Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had porcini/pasta which was excellent. Wife's shrimp appetizers was also good but her Caesar salad was mediocre. Worst: she asked to substitute some shrimp for crab meat in a dish with crab, shrimp, & scallops. Waiter said we'd have to get a waiver of a fee for substitutions. Manager gave a long winded justification about restaurant policy and was argumentative.He offered more shrimp on the side for extra money. Made for unpleasant ordering experience and a low rating.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Ended up going here before a movie, since it was the only place we hadn't eaten at yet. Luckily, it wasn't packed, so we got a seat on the spot. It was two of us, and this was our orders:

Appetizer:Pizza Knuckles (pizza pinwheels, served with marinara, and another mayo infused sauce), and a Caesar salad

Entrees:

Ziti w/ meatballs
1/2 Roasted chicken w/ mashed potatoes and asparagus
(Total: $56.00)

The good was good and HOT (NOT spicy hot, but just out of the oven hot..THUMBS UP), along with good sized portions.

There wasn't really anything other than the Gyro that I found appetizing, and I wasn't in the mood for that dish, but I was expecting a bit more Greek inspired dishes (as that was why I wanted to try this place). The other 'frowning' moment was it was a bit more expensive than I expected, especially as we went for lunch. It seems everything is an extra cost versus having the meatballs or Italian sausage included with the pastas. Because I had to bring home half of the ziti for dinner the next day, I won't complain much about the cost. All in all, I would give this place a second go, skipping the appetizers, and only having an entrée.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

One of the better places to eat near the Hoffman building in Alexandria. Clean, neat, professional atmosphere. Salads were great, Pizza was close to authentic Italian brick oven pizza. Give it a try.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Incredible gyro and wonderful home made special sauce will keep me coming here for years to come ... Pizza is also tasty although the dough is a bit too thick for my taste... Get the gyro ask for the house sauce you will be happy!!! Also, huge portions!