“Excellent Customer Service!”

SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for five nights around the Cherry Blossom Festival. While I was a little nervous about the location when I booked the room, as there is really nothing to do within walking distance, the complimentary shuttle service to the metro station and a few local restaurants was perfectly sufficient to suit our needs. The free breakfast offered a nice selection, and the employees, without exception, went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasant. Overall, a very positive experience! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SHSAlexandriaSW, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay!

Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the SpringHill Suites team. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team and staff.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The accommodations were great. The staff very courteous. The complimentary shuttle was always available to drop us at the local Metro station. A quick twenty minute rail trip brought us into the heart of DC. The only negative was the complimentary breakfast which was not up to par as it lacked in selection and only offered turkey based meats.

Stayed: April 2014

We pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are delighted that you were able to experience this first hand. We are truly sorry that you were disappointed with our breakfast. Our complementary hot breakfast is popular. We offer scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, english muffins, waffles, coffee, juice, oatmeal and a variety of cereals.

We are very glad that you and an amazing time with us and that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. We do hope that if you get a chance to come out visit us again!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My group was rerouted to the Springhill Suites after having reservations at the Marriott Key Bridge which was oversold. I was pleasantly surprised by the service received, the managers on duty were attentive to our needs. The rooms were nice and spacious and I enjoyed the continental breakfast. Great alternative if you do not want to stay in DC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are delighted that you were able to experience this first hand. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon!

Warmest regards – General Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was not familiar with the area and was unsure of what to expect and this hotel exceeded my expectations. The area was nice and felt safe to walk around the city. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was hot and had a nice selection to choose from. We used their shuttle service to and from the Metro and never had to wait very long. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town SW, for your first visit to the Alexandria area. I am thrilled that it was a success! Also, thank you for pointing out our great services! Hope to see you again soon.

Yours in Hospitality – General Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member so I stay at a number of different Marriott properties throughout the year and experience many different employees/levels of service. This is the first time I have ever reviewed a hotel but I feel compelled to write a positive review for this property as places like this are the reason I stay loyal to Marriott.

This property is beautiful, clean, and well kept but for me employees are what really make a property memorable. Vesna at the front desk is one of the most courteous and helpful employees I have ever met in my travels. I have stayed at this Springhill Suites a number of times over the past year and Vesna has made it a point to remember my name and go out of her way to accommodate me - it is the little things that count. Every hotel should have an employee like her.

There isn't much around this hotel within walking distance for dining choices and parking can be tough when it is busy but as long as Vesna is around, this is the only hotel I will stay at in the DC area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jared L

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and gracious review. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay. Thank you very much for the compliments about the staff. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the SpringHill Suites. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team and staff.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family and I could not have had a better stay at this hotel. The location is easy to find and get to, and even though it is next to a busy highway, with the window closed one can't hear the traffic. My family ooohed and aaahed at the eye-catching modern decor in the lobby and breakfast area, and was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and space of the rooms. The separate toilet and shower areas, each with its own sink and vanity area, was extremely helpful getting ready in the mornings. The free breakfast was delicious, plentiful, and had a nice variety to choose from. Even though we stayed on a busy weekend, we had no trouble with parking, even with my oversized van. The front desk staff and shuttle drivers were extremely friendly and helpful with anything that we needed. When the bill came on the last morning, my mother could not believe the price! "How in the world is this so cheap?!" Thank you SpringHill for adding value, hospitality, and a bit of pampering to our family weekend :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town SW, for your first visit to the Alexandria area. We pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are delighted that you were able to experience this first hand. Also, thank you for pointing out our great services! Hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We just stayed here for the weekend( April 4 and 5, 2014). The room was clean and comfortable. It had a pull out couch in it and a large flat screen TV. The parking garage was fine for us since we did have a Prius and fit into the spots easily. There were always spots open. The front desk was very helpful when we arrived and greeted us kindly. The only down side was the view, you looked out to the highway, but it did have a bike/running path right there. They did have free breakfast in the morning with bagels,eggs, sausage, waffles,oatmeal with condiments and fresh fruit. Nice Weekend.

1  Thank cdb_8

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites. We are delighted to read your review, also it gives us great pleasure to know that we could fulfill your vacation expectations.

Yours in Hospitality – General Manager