Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Bring quarters”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed two nights. Clean, friendly but when trying to do laundry (son was at football camp and had to wash every night) was told they do not have quarters. Why offer the amenity then not have enough change. Also had to purchase detergent from desk. The first night the woman charged me $1.00. The next night the gentleman tried to charge $1.50?????

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry that we ran out of change for the laundry. Please know that this is a rare occurrence and we will work to prevent this from happening in the future. Additionally I will review the price of laundry supplies with the staff.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I invite you to contact me, at alx@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights as a family of 4. The room had a nice amount of space. Since our stay was on the short side we didn't cook any meals but it was nice to have the fridge and microwave as we used it for some leftovers to keep cold and reheat later. All the staff we interacted with were wonderful. Sarah was especially welcoming and pleasant. When we arrived check in went smoothly.

Just a few things would have made me rank it as Excellent as opposed to Very Good. The room had a bit of an odor to it, I think a previous resident cooked Indian (or similar) food in it several times. Perhaps the odor was from something else, but whatever it was, there was an odor. We got used to it after 15-20 min in the room and wouldn't smell it anymore unless we left the room and returned so it wasn't a big enough deal to ask for a different room.
The walls are a bit thin. It was really easy to hear people in the hallway and that was rather annoying during the late night hours when some of the guests were coming and going.
Juice at the breakfast bar would be a nice addition. There was good coffee, cocoa, and a nice selection of muffins, granola bars and oatmeal, but juice would have made it excellent.

I would definitely stay here again with my family if we were to visit the DC area again. The price is reasonable and the wonderful staff easily make up for the small negatives I listed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I would like to apologize for the odors in your room. I will meet with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again!
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is adequate but nothing to write home about! The addition of frig and microwave are nice, but really don't make up for the worn, dated place that it is. Despite having a non smoking room, it smells (combination of smoke, must, etc). I love dogs and sometime have the need to travel with mine. But several folks are visiting with really large dogs this week. My SO commented on the pet odor that was also present. For the price on Priceline this place is ok for a few days but I wouldn't choose to stay here again. Free parking and wifi

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m pleased to hear that our overall accommodations met your expectations. Still, it upsets me to learn that you experienced odors in your room. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to add any additional feedback, please contact me directly at, alx@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for spring break; bringing three kids under age 10 to the nation's capital was a feat in itself, and the staff was wonderful in helping us find the closest metro stations, gas station, grocery store...basically everything we could need! This location is in a very nice section of town, right near a park, and about a mile from the nearest Metro station. The staff was engaging, not only with me, but with my kids; taking the time to talk and joke with them (even my 5-year-old, who can talk the ears off a statue!). The next time we return to DC, we will certainly return to the ESA on Eisenhower Avenue!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Sandi – The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!
Lincoln Park, Michigan
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I travel a lot for periods of time and need a kitchen. This hotel is definately is on my to stay list. From the management (Nasir), to the staff , this is a very good hotel to stay at. The rooms, hotel and grounds are very clean. The neighborhood was very safe & friendly ,( they have jogging/ walking/biking paths that go from the front door). The rates were very good, and the staff were very professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. They were very happy to take care of any needs you had and did an excellent job.They treated you as if you were part of their family. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided, especially Nasir. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Staying here long term going on two months now. It has been one of the best stays I have ever had. Great people, clean rooms and the management staff is accomodating. I highly recommend this place. It provides a good convenience to DC without the hustle and bustle. DC is very easy to get to. For those staying long term they offer a lot of great amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms, great value, and convenient location. Again, thanks for the kind words. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place was a great value for the price. I really enjoyed the fact that there was a kitchen in the room - I saved a lot of money on food! The only problem I had here was the lack of hot water the first night of my stay, but this was beyond their control and they worked very hard to get it working by the next day. The location is a little out of the way and if you're planning on using public transportation to get to DC, expect to pay for parking (there is a bus stop, but it's kind of a hike to get there, and I didn't feel entirely safe crossing the highway). Overall though, my experience here was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen in your room. Still, I apologize for the lack of hot water during your first night. I am glad that our staff worked hard to get it fixed right away. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.