Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town
Kimpton
US$249
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$154
US$150
HolidayInn.com
2,017 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe manager's receptiongreat locationmade to order breakfastmetro stationold townking streetfree trolleyhappy hourpretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great location to use the metro. Clean rooms but nothing fancy or new. Food at manager's cocktail hour was mininimal, free breakfast was crowded and the flow of people needs great improvement. Parking at the metro station is free on weekends. This hotel is not in the heart of Old Town but I understand you can catch a trolley. Pool is extremely small and the capacity was reached each time we tried to use it so it was unavailable to us and a disappointment to our 3 kids.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for writing this review. I appreciate how disappointing it must have been for your children to not be able to use the pool. The Alexandria Health Department, for safety reasons, limits the number of guests total in the pool area, whether in or out of the pool. The lifeguard will usually advise to return within the half hour. Was this suggested to you? Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was my fourth stay in this hotel over as many years, and it just gets better and better. They've done a subtle lobby renovation since last year, which is an improvement. The breakfast and evening cocktail hour are just great. The shuttle to Old Town is much appreciated. The rooms are comfortable and large. They really are suites. I just love their showerheads. Wish I could figure out the brand so I could buy one. I do think they should offer free wireless -- it's annoying to have to pay for it. The food for our meeting was very good. All in all, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: They charge more for rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for your patronage. We appreciate that you consider us your hotel of choice when visiting the DC area, and hope to continue to be so for many years to come. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
P.S. If you would like to communicate with the hotel and inform us of the room number you were in, we would gladly provide you with the shower head brand name and where it can be purchased.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Pull out couch was a double as opposed to a queen. Very small for my two teen girls. Breakfast was so crowded that there were no plates and no food. Restaurant waiter never let us know there was a 10% discount at the restaurant for hotel guests ...we noticed it on the way out. Hot tub was not very hot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. You are right, most hotels offer a sofa that opens into a double bed and accommodating two teenage girls on one of these, may be tight. Perhaps next time you may want to reserve a room with 2 beds and accommodate comfortably all guests. Our breakfast staff has had to contend with especially large crowds during Spring Break and is still adapting to our new atrium set-up. I am unaware of issues with the hot tub, but thank you and will address this with our engineering staff. Best Regards… MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was put up at the Embassy Suites Old Town for a business meeting in Alexandria. As most others have mentioned, the location directly across from the King Street Metro is perfect. The hotel is not right in Old Town, so if your main objective is to see Old Town consider the Hotel Monaco instead.

The breakfast was great - hot, with several healthy choices. The woman who cooks the hot breakfasts to order is delightful - friendly and funny! The staff did a great job of cleaning up the breakfast area, unlike some other hotels where I have stayed where the breakfast area gets cluttered with trash so quickly. The wi fi worked great which is an essential service for a business traveler like me.

I only had two complaints. 1) Weird, high pitched whistling sound in my room after the heat went off. Once I figured out what it was, I was less annoyed by it. 2) The sitting room (that makes it a suite) is very strange. It has a fluorescent overhead light that casts a strange pall on the room. There are no windows in this room, and you can't turn on the table lamps unless you have the overhead light on. Seemed a bit film noir to me. Glad I did not have to conduct any business in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do have phenomenal team members at our hotel and I appreciate you acknowledging them. I will have to check with our engineering department about the lighting issue you experienced, to find out what may be taking place. Should you need to conduct business at a future date, we will be happy to provide accommodations that may be more suited to in- room meetings. Thank you for your patronage. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Hotel is in a great location and the room was nice. Staff were not friendly overall - except for one lady at breakfast, Martha, who was super nice and helpful. Pool had a rude attendant first 2 nights and then nice attendant but broken heater second 2 nights so overall poor experience with the pool. Room service from the restaurant was terrible - poor service, took over 2 hours, food quality and temperature was awful. The did not charge us for the one meal we had from the restaurant which was good. Had to replace it because it was so bad.
Also, hotel was overtaken by teenage groups - they had trouble handling breakfast with so many people and the 2 nights we tried to check out the evening reception they ran out of food within the first 30 minutes.
Room was clean so if you aren't so concerned with the experience, would be an okay place to stay. Not sure if I would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for your review. It is troubling that your stay was not a pleasant one and that the groups in house may have contributed to your dissatisfaction. I am however, more so concerned with the friendliness of our staff not living up to your standards and providing you with courteous and helpful attention. I will be addressing this with all the departments. Thank you for acknowledging Martha, she is definitely an asset to our hotel and I appreciate you recognizing her. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager