Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town
US$411
US$366
US$342
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Breakfast included
US$177
US$169
2,017 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe manager's receptiongreat locationmade to order breakfastmetro stationold townking streetfree trolleyhappy hourpretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel April 26-27 for the STEM expo in DC. We love Alexandria and prefer to stay there rather tan DC and just use the metro. The location of this hotel couldn't be better. Right across from the metro train and the free trolley that goes down historic King street. It was very convenient for myself, my partner and my six year old son. We had a very tight schedule. We arrived early, 11:30 am on checkin day and I drove to the hotel to get the car parked and get paper work done since we would be at the expo until late. The man who checked us in was very nice and to our surprise the room was ready, so not only were we able to park the car, but we received the room keys as well and were able to unload. The parking garage was a little tight, I drive a Ford Explorer, but I had no troubles backing my truck into a spot and getting unloaded. If you drive something taller than an 07 Explorer, you might have issues. I think the garage said 6'3" clearance. Also, if you drive a wide bodied vehicle. Or if you are just nervous about fitting your car into tight spaces.

The room was delightful, large and open. We had two nice rooms and our rooms were off on the ends of the building, not in the atrium. We had gotten the corner suites which I highly recommend. We heard no noise in our room (3rd floor) and we had the extra space to spread out. It was perfect. After our first day, we had dinner in Caprise, the restaurant in the hotel. The food was very good, but the service was painfully slow. My six year old wanted to go for a dip which I obliged.

The pool is small, but this isn't exactly a beach spring break resort. In my mind, for a quick relaxing dip at the end of a DC trip, it is perfect. The lifeguard was very very nice (unusual for a hotel lifeguard) and the pool had noodles and goggles for the kids to use. My son is an emerging swimmer, so this pool was perfect for him. Ranging from 4' to 4.5' deep meant not too deep for me to keep up with him, but deep enough to let him swim. After about 45 minutes in the pool a gaggle of teenagers showed up and we called it a night shortly after. The beds were very comfortable, and having a refrigerator and microwave in our room was very useful. I brought a few drinks, a microwave safe bowl and can of spaghetti-os for my little guy because I knew he'd be hungry again. After a second dinner and a bath (our room had a tub and shower) we were done.

Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. The scrambled eggs offered were very runny (something I find at a lot of hotels) so we had some cooked to order. They were perfect. Yes, there is little seasoning, but you have to remember they are cooking for hundreds of people with varying tastes and allergies. Simple is king and then you season to taste. We all got plenty to eat and had a very relaxing breakfast in the beautiful atrium. There were plenty of choices for everyone and the food was hot and fresh.

We checked out but were able to leave our car there for the day as we headed back to Dc. This was a great experience, perfect location and a great staff!! Would recommend.

Room Tip: Get a corner room!! They are quieter and away from the atrium.
3  Thank Avalongirl83
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have to say I expected more from an Embassy Suites. Maybe I was disappointed because the hotel was filled to capacity. It wasn't terrible though. I can't really put my finger on any one thing. I just think it was so crowded and overwhelming. The room also had stained carpets. Had to keep my shoes all at all times. Enjoyed happy hour and breakfast despite the crowds.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The indoor pool is lifeguarded but seasonally is only open in the evenings. Makes no sense because we were there in peak Spring Break season, so one would think that would be peak swimming season for an indoor pool. The two bed suites with sofa bed make it very comfortable for up to six people...great for families. Breakfast ends a little early for our family, so check those hours too. Location is right across from Alexandria train station near George Washington's Masonic temple. Parking fees apply and are not cheap. Otherwise, the stay was overall good to very good.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is not a Four Star hotel but has several lovely amenities including a great location and overall a nice staff. The breakfast is not top quality but it serves it's purpose. The line is outrageous. Wish they had a better system. The pool was awful. Tiny, over powered with chemical stench and no towels. Rooms are noisy internal/external. Sofa "bed" was as comfortable as sleeping on cement. And also a loveseat size. BUT it was CLEAN! Didn't appreciate not having a tub with a small child. That should have been addressed.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great package deals for families including breakfast and fabulous evening reception nightly. However, hallway noise can be excessive until very late. There are no posted quiet hours and kids and adults were playing, running, and yelling in the hall into the middle of the night. Close to all of the DC attractions, the metro and the train. We loved the free trolley running down the main street that took us to restaurants and shopping.

1  Thank Linda C