“Great Value for Military Families!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very Pleasant and the rooms are accomodating. The Breakfast is CRAZY with TOO MANY people trying to eat ....but the food was excellent for a buffet style. Parking is difficult and tight and pricy but in the city what can you do? The Front Desk staff very friendly and polite!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
MaryAnne_Russell_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank You Ellen H for your valuable feedback on your most recent stay! I'm very pleased to hear our front desk staff provided such great service. And your feedback had helped us inform every guest key times to enjoy our made-to-order breakfast by posting advisory providing times of high and low foot traffic. This is just another way we want to enhance every guest's experience with us. Thank You.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,969)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

First, the staff is very polite. The facility is generally well kept. And the location is excellent. Metro rail across the street and a Whole Foods and Dunkin Donuts about one to two blocks away.

However- last night I got put in a smoking room with no real empathy for how offensive that is.

(1) Why are there smoking rooms to begin with? There is one ventilation system. I haven't seen two ash trays in a hotel room in years. Memo- a Florida jury just awarded a multi-billion dollar judgement in recognition of how harmful it is. I just don't get it. Big negative.

(2) When I asked for a different room I was told that I had booked "through one of those third party web sites" and that there would not be another room available. This is a recurring theme with many hotels a front desk that projects inferiority to a sub-class of guests based on method of booking. Memo - like many who sometimes find themselves using third party booking sites (mostly because we get trained to hit the buy button or we will never see a rate again as algorithms run in the background) I am a Hilton Honors member with significant stays.

The property is good and I would not want to dissuade anyone from staying there. But given other comparable options, stylistically this will not be my first choice until they get with a complete no smoking policy, and gain some important etiquette.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker make absolutely sure that you designate non smoking room. My suggestion is t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand of hotels and our Embassy Suites here in Alexandria. You were so delighted by our location, facility and service that it does sadden me that your accommodations were not as you expected. I understand your frustration with our lack of empathy with your room assignment and I assure you that we value each and every guest; no matter the channel they used to make their reservation. This is an issue I will definitely continue to address with our travel partners (3rd party) and ensure our front desk staff does all we can to make every guest feel more welcomed no matter what. We would love the chance to earn your loyalty again. Thank You.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went during spring break last April and really enjoyed our stay. Very convenient to the Metro, easy to use shuttle system in the evening to get around Old Town and a very friendly staff. I highly recommend staying there as opposed to staying in the District as it was much more reasonably priced. Nice happy hour and breakfast buffet. Overall, would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Based on your review it sounds like we should be expecting you again soon. Thank you for allowing us to continue to provide you with a convenient, hospitable and enjoyable stay with a value unmatched in the area. We look forward to your return. Thank You.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a great choice for our quick trip to Alexandria - the hotel is in great shape, the rooms are extremely clean and well-maintained, and the location is convenient. Old Town is a block from the hotel, and close to all of the wonderful restaurants and shops. And the metro station is across the street from the hotel, so it's a breeze to get into DC for more fun! Will definitely stay here the next time we visit the DC area!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank You Sheryl! Our combination of Old Town Alexandria charm and wonderfully appointed property is a great stay and we appreciate you sharing your review with fellow Trip Advisor members. You return trip will be expected and we can't wait to share your next trip with you!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent my 60th birthday here.The food and bar staff were great. Fred Is the Mgr. And he is a great person to help you in any way he could. Food was great and service was better. Hotel was a little pricey but still very nice. We will be returning in spring for my wife's 60th birthday. Would recommend this hotel. Old town is a great place to stay when going to DC.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank You for your kind words! It is my pleasure to share with your compliment on the food and beverage service team and Fred, our food and beverage manager. I'm pleased you choose to share your special day with us and we would love to make your wife's special day an affair to remember as well. We look forward to your return. Thank You.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Embassy Suites in general are very nice hotels and this one is no exception. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well cared for. The breakfast buffet is well maintained and the tables are cleared continuously.
Located in the old-town area of Alexandria, this hotel is across the street from the King Street Metro Station. In the parking lot between the Metro and hotel is a bus stop and a stop for the free King Street trolley. If you want to visit DC and surrounding areas without renting a car, this is the perfect location. I highly recommend it for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

With a recommendation like this we can only hope to continue to provide our guests with wonderful amenities, friendly staff and continued ease and convenience with all that Alexandria Old Town has to offer. Thank You! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please, when in the area again, we hope we will be your first choice in hospitality.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Old Town for 4 nights. I was there as the maid of honor in my best friends wedding. The hotel had a great location. As with all embassy suites the included hot breakfast and happy hour were also very much appreciated! It was great for a wedding where we had several rooms of people from out of town because all the rooms are suites, there was room to visit each other and have somewhere to sit or eat. All the staff was very attentive and friendly. Another perk of this property is that they have a hotel shuttle that will drop off/pick up anywhere in a two mile radius. They are also right across the street from the King Street Metro stop which is great for those without cars.

The only downside was that the air conditioning in my room was not working properly. When i called down to the front desk they sent someone up promptly to fix it, but it did work. I feel confident if I had called them again they would have worked to resolve the issue, but as the maid of honor I had a lot going on and didn't have time to call them back. It wasn't miserable, just more humid than it should have been inside...

Room Tip: there is only one elevator bank, so if you don't want a hike each time, ask to be on the end clo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MaryAnne_Russell_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I'm glad to hear you and other guests with your wedding party enjoyed many of the amenities we offer here at the Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town. Your review has not fallen on deaf ears! I Thank You for bringing the HVAC issue to our attention and I will work vigorously with my Engineering team to ensure our facilities are always at peak performance for every guest. We hope to see you again soon.