I was on a quick stopover in DC area and struggled to find a good value place to stay that offered some comfort. I selected this hotel as it was close to the metro (King St) and I was not disappointed. I paid USD150 and also got an upgrade to a corner King.
- lovely area and close to transport into DC
- nice big TV
- comfy bed
- loads of maps and info at concierge
- large room with plenty of lamps/lighting
- reasonable value for DC area
- somewhat old fashioned room style and bathroom
- one tea bag only provided in room...
- undergoing renovations which was not advised on booking (fortunately due to jet lag, I was awake before the 10am start of noise
- lobby was not very welcoming
- paid wifi in room (USD16), but free in lobby!!! So paying guests have to pay in their room, but anyone can wander in off the street and use wifi...
Overall, I was satisfied and would return again if I was in transit in the DC area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to Washington DC, the Hilton Alexandria Old Town is located on historic King Street in charming Old Town Alexandria, VA. Grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks, located in the lobby, before heading to the adjacent King Street Metro station to visit downtown Washington DC, Georgetown and Alexandria attractions. Take advantage of the onsite business center and Wi-Fi or squeeze in a workout at our fitness center. Enjoy a delicious meal at our KingStreet Tavern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Old Town Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Hilton