“Would stay there again”

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Howell, New Jersey
“Would stay there again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is VERY convenient to Metro, VRE, & Amtrak, sitting diagonally across the street. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a smile, offered complimentary water for my HHonors Gold status, and directed to the elevators. My room was more than adequate for my needs. Not much of a view as the building structure is closed in, but I wasn't there for the view. Check-out was just as proficient as check-in. Excellent room rate for a Sunday night.

Room Tip: If view means anything to you, ask for one facing out towards the street instead of the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
nr Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I had a number of meetings in Alexandria as well as DC, and, as a Diamond Hilton member, this seemed a natural choice, given its location, and the fact that it seemed a full service Hilton. It was a sad disappointment, however.

For a spacious property in a desirable downtown location, I was astonished that it lacked an executive lounge. More than that, I had to argue to get just about any of the benefits that as a top tier member I should be able to take for granted. No robe in my room or water. On asking I was curtly told that they didn't do robes, despite the homepage stating the opposite. When I mentioned this again the next morning I was told that, in fact, they DID do robes, but only if requested. When I pointed out that I had requested, I got a shrug of shoulders.

The breakfast was good - a highlight - but the other food service was disappointing. The staff seemed unmotivated, and the general feel was that this barely counts as a full service Hilton any more. If it was sold, to be, say, a Holiday Inn Express, one could easily believe it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DominicB
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Traveled to DC for a meeting. Over a foot of snow was expected on the last day of meeting, but hotel did a great job of checking us out and helping us get meeting attendees out to the airports. Good experience. Not my first time here and evrytime I come, I enjoy my stay with a few exceptions. Love the King Street area. Plenty to do even if it snows and they don't shut down the city. :-)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Pickens, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Hilton was a great place to catch the Metro, Buses, Trolley and Amtrack for all of our transportation needs. It was close to restaurants and easy acces to sights of the cities. The accomodations were adequate.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brazinkj

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay, and that our location was perfect for you. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Kansas City, MO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic, with so many boutiques, restaurants and small shops close by. Transportation was easy to access in any form. Overall a grand experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating, and for the kind words about our staff.

Deinze, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is very well situated as for business people who also like some atmosphere. King Street is very nice with plenty of nice restaurants and pubs to spend a happy hour or quick dinner.

The hotel is very clean, efficient, rooms are more than sufficient and very friendly receptionist staff, the Starbucks in the lobby is very nice for your excellent morning coffee.

Restaurant and bar area are a bit gloomy and saddened atmosphere. The evening bartender is more interesting in female guests than others but that's life I suppose. You got your order and that was it.

Wifi only worked in the lobby and completely not in my room but the morning receptionist was very kind and waived the wifi costs for all the trouble I experienced.

Housekeeping and cleaning of the room was one of the worst I ever experienced. Empty glasses were not removed, trashcans not emptied and so on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

excellent location near restaurnatrs, etc...very helpful staff and clean faciltiy. Food was very ggod, concierge very knowledgeable and access to local Metro and Trolley a real plus. The only thing I would like to have seen was a swimming pool/spa.