“Nice Return Visit!”

Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Returned here to Hilton Old Town, our third visit in a year. It's not D.C. but sometimes that a good thing. If you have seen all the monuments, the museums and the cherry blossoms aren't in bloom enjoy this quaint little town. The hotel has been remodeled and much more quiet than our first visit. It's close to the metro and have a friendly staff. We have made many visits to D.C.area over the years this is one of my favorites. Many restaurants to choose from and a trolley to help keep your cool or warm while you are exploring. We required a late check out and as we were leaving I apologized to housekeeping for being late and she said no problem. She made feel like we were family. I enjoy the fresh flowers in the lobby and in dining room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Alexandria Old Town

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have just returned from an 11 day stay at this hotel and can highly recommend it. The staff is efficient, professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel itself is well maintained and the rooms are very clean. It is located close to the Metro so trips into Washington, DC were very easy. In addition, it gave us an opportunity to explore Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I've made numerous visits to the DC area over the years on business and, more recently, visiting daughters that have lived in/around the District. This was our first experience staying in Alexandria Old Town after driving through the area while killing time before dropping the rental car at the airport. What a vibrant community this is with the shops and dining options all just a few minutes from DCA!

What made this hotel special, through luck of the draw on a Priceline Express Deal, was the follow-up to my discovery I had left an address book with years of contacts in the room. I called the front desk after discovering it missing early the next day and a report was taken that was then forwarded to housekeeping. The next morning I received a call from Angelica G. that she had it on her desk. I gave her my FedEx account number to return it to me and I received it as requested. Perfect!

I bristle at the $15 daily wifi fee but we bit the bullet for the in-room convenience - this seems to be standard operating procedure with Hilton without a high tier of Honors membership.

I did not pay the $35 daily parking fee and chose to use on-street parking, especially because our stay was Saturday/Sunday checking out Monday morning. Sundays are free as are fees after 8pm Saturday. Otherwise, parking is paid for using the kiosks curbside. I did find a residential side street a block from the hotel that has meter free parking (2 hour limit) that I used Saturday afternoon and Sunday night that was convenient.

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the King Street Metro Station our daughters used to/from the District. From the hotel's location on King Street to the river and Wharf is approximately 18 blocks of interesting strolling of window shopping and people watching. We found a nice seafood restaurant on the walk that I hope to report on separately. For those so inclined, the trolley runs the length of King Street about every 30 minutes with pick up/drop off in front of the hotel.

I used the business center on 3 occasions during the stay and there was rarely anyone else using it. The computers and print station worked flawlessly in a clean, quiet atmosphere.

At both check-in and check-out, the staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient.

In summary, I've stayed in at least 5 Hilton branded hotels, along with several others including boutiques, while on my many DC visits and this property is now my overall favorite. Hopefully a couple of tidbits from my visit will be helpful to you in your decision on accommodations to the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The best way to describe this hotel is "meh." Is it a great location? Absolutely. Is the site good for wedding functions and large groups. Yep. But other than that you are looking a generic hotel with cleanliness issues, moderate food offerings, and expensive parking.

As mentioned, the location is great -- across the street from the King street Metro Station and less than a block from the free trolley serving King Street in Old Town Alexandria. We did not have any metro noise whatsoever and the location is key, as you can get anywhere in the DC area easily.

But beyond offering this lovely location, the hotel is vanilla and has very little to offer that would set it apart from any other hotel in the DC area, or in Alexandria for that point. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and that is always a plus but, again, what can I find to set this hotel apart from other offerings in the area?

In the end analysis, there is really nothing to set this hotel apart. It is great if you want to be close to a metro and in a lovely part of Old Town, but the rooms are very plain and there are a number of conveniences overlooked or not provided. So caveat emptor, as they say.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Arrived and checkin was ok. Room had a terrible smell and we were moved, arrived down for breakfast next day and we were told kitchen was closed, although some group were getting food in another room. I wonder why, overall room was fine, staff are great but would I stay there again, no, would find somewhere else

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here on a promotion from Wyndham Resorts, so I have no idea what our room would have cost us. The note on the wall said "illegal to charge more than $500/night". (Yup, sounds like robbery to me.)

No (free) Breakfast, on-site parking is $36 a day.

Dunkin' Doughnuts across the street.

One of the quietest hotels ever! Close to Metro (right across the street)

Beautiful, clean room, modern appointments, but only a very small fridge and no microwave. They have laundry service, at a price, but no self-service laundry.

Room Tip: Our room was on the "inside" of the "Vee" shaped building and was extremely quie...
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We loved this hotel! It was clean and comfortable and staff were all courteous and helpful. Location made it very easy to go in and out of DC and old town Alexandria was wonderful itself! We would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed: June 2014