“Business Trip in July” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Sacramento, California
“Business Trip in July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I arrived into DC on a Thursday evening and had to get to a meeting in Old Town Alexandria so I took a cab from the airport to my meeting. When we were done for the evening, I got a ride over to the Hilton with someone in my group. I get to the lobby to check in and was pleased with the hotel lobby. It was busy, but the staff was in position at their respective posts so there were not lines everywhere. I checked in, got to my room on the 6th floor and was very pleased with this king bedded room. Spacious, clean, and the view was very nice. I did not close my curtains all weekend. After I settled in, I wanted some food, so I went back down to the lobby and the bar area was very crowded and the bartender was also my server. I ordered a sandwich and drink to take back to my room and waited with some friends that were already dining there. Dinner was good and I slept well. The next morning, I got up early to hit the fitness room and it was a good one for what I always look for. The treadmill had it's own tv on it, so I could watch SportsCenter while I did my 25 minutes. Our group negotiated a breakfast coupon in our stay, so I had breakfast two mornings as well and the breakfast is very healthy and filling to start my day. On my last night there, I did room service and had soup, a burger with a salad instead of fries and ginger ale. Every meal I had here was delicious. Getting a cab was easy too. My flight out the Sunday morning was at 6a so I was able to call for a cab from my room and by the time I came down, it was waiting for me. This was a very good stay and if my group puts us there again, I will be happy with the choice.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get their water at check-in and more status gets you complimentary in room int...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HotelDude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Chapel Hill, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel staff at the front desk and restaurant were excellent and very accomodating. the rooms are nice - views not so nice - bell staff needs improvement as they were not able to provide information on specific types of food we were looking for. saying just walk down the street and you will find something is not the best service although in the area we did find what we wanted walking around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A Sister get a way trip to Alexandria old town, VA KUDO to Hilton!!! A-1/Excellent service, location and food at this hotel. I'll always stay here, while in town. I give this hotel 6 STARS...YES, 6 STARS!!!!

1 Thank sharondag338
Hackensack, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay in Alexandria often to visit friends and family and have experienced the Westin, Lorien, and Embassy Suites and I believe the Hilton is now the "pick of the litter"! They have recently renovated and the rooms like very sharp. Very well appointed with excellent linens, towels, and toiletries. Pleasant public areas, convenient to Metro, Old Town Trolley, and Metro cab stand. Very quiet on the back side of the hotel. Others are right, parking is ridiculous...we were able to find weekend street parking two blocks away behind the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vabeachgirlinnj
Cheektowaga, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We arrived at the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria on the 4th of July. I thought it might be extremely crowded, but we had no trouble checking in. The room was very nice and quiet. I never heard any noise from other rooms or the hallway. The absolute best part of this hotel is the location with it being literally across the street from the King St. Metro stop. No need to worry about driving, taking shuttles, etc. We took the metro to Arlington and walked across the bridge to watch the fire works in front of the Lincoln Memorial. It was truly amazing! After that, we walked back across the bridge, went to the metro station and took the train back to King St. It was great not having to drive on such a busy night. We just got off the metro and walked across the street! I agree with the other reviews that the breakfast was very good. It was included in our stay, and included a buffet, drinks and the option the order omelets, waffles, etc. I believe the cost is very high though if it does not come with your room. The bill was going to be $96.00 for 5 of us without the free coupons!! Staff in the hotel and restaurant were very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Cheryl F
Camden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent, quiet and clean hotel adjacent to the King Street Metro station. Underground garage is somewhat confusing, easily navigated but expensive. I would stay here again No swimming pool is a disadvantage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank David H. T
Fountain Hills, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town but would have been nice to have a microwave in our room. Also would be nice to have a gift shop, at least a little bigger than what they had in their little corner. Not a lot of options for OTC medications.