“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
East Dublin, Georgia
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Was in town for my fraternity's centennial celebration with my family and we all liked it. Would have rated it excellent, but there was not a pool for the kids. Many restuants within walking distance, local trolly stop nearby and a metro station across the street, which enable be to get back and forth to the host hotel which was in the Woodley Park area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
St. Johns, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had to make a last minute booking at this Hotel and even thought they were sold out the night before, the Front Desk staff got us a room quickly and made is feel as if they had been expecting us all along. Very welcoming. The Hotel is beautiful and very convenient to the DC/VA Metro system. I would recommend this Hotel for anyone wanting to be comfortable and get around easily.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel and the staff was so friendly and helpful. It really ranks between a 4 and a 5 star hotel in my opinion. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the lounge has a very limited dining menu and there is no other restaurant in the hotel, but it is also in Alexandria which has loads of wonderful restaurants so that is no problem. Nice quiet rooms - even though I had a room that looked over the Metro rail, I couldn't hear a thing from the trains. I really enjoyed staying at this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We only stayed one night, but I left wondering how, in this day and age with all the technology that exists can they build a hotel next to four train tracks and NOT FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP THE SOUND OUT??? They can build hotels at airports where you can watch jumbo jets take off and land and never hear a sound, but this place was poorly designed and built.

Oh, and if the outside noise doesn't get to you, the paper thin walls that transmit every cough and sneeze will bother you.

Such a shame, it's a great location and beautiful space, but poor execution.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Disappointed in the amenties, no Exec lounge for HH diamond, I did get my two bottles of water, I overlooked the metro track and was noisy. The Embassy across the street is much better, the Capitol Hilton downtown Washington is the best if you are a diamond member.
This location is good for maybe a night or two, great metro access and easy to get to DCA and visiting Old Town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We have a party of 15 people and we are standing in the lobby for 30 minutes. Obviously, we have the monies to book such a trip. So to make my poor mother in law check in for over 30 mins is ridiculous.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsTurtleluvstravel
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I arrived into DC on a Thursday evening and had to get to a meeting in Old Town Alexandria so I took a cab from the airport to my meeting. When we were done for the evening, I got a ride over to the Hilton with someone in my group. I get to the lobby to check in and was pleased with the hotel lobby. It was busy, but the staff was in position at their respective posts so there were not lines everywhere. I checked in, got to my room on the 6th floor and was very pleased with this king bedded room. Spacious, clean, and the view was very nice. I did not close my curtains all weekend. After I settled in, I wanted some food, so I went back down to the lobby and the bar area was very crowded and the bartender was also my server. I ordered a sandwich and drink to take back to my room and waited with some friends that were already dining there. Dinner was good and I slept well. The next morning, I got up early to hit the fitness room and it was a good one for what I always look for. The treadmill had it's own tv on it, so I could watch SportsCenter while I did my 25 minutes. Our group negotiated a breakfast coupon in our stay, so I had breakfast two mornings as well and the breakfast is very healthy and filling to start my day. On my last night there, I did room service and had soup, a burger with a salad instead of fries and ginger ale. Every meal I had here was delicious. Getting a cab was easy too. My flight out the Sunday morning was at 6a so I was able to call for a cab from my room and by the time I came down, it was waiting for me. This was a very good stay and if my group puts us there again, I will be happy with the choice.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get their water at check-in and more status gets you complimentary in room int...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business